• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meyboom

Reaction score
Must not be an easy life being a shoe retailer these days. Most makers have their own webshop and offer a decent online service (not on the same level of SkoAB but still). This gives them an even stronger position in negotiations because they're not as dependent on retailers as before. This allows them to change the rules at their sole discretion. I can see why @Leaves set up his own brand with Lof&Tung but even then he's dependent on the factory making the shoes (and they do have their own quirky policies as well!). Luckily there's still makers like Enzo Bonafe who can't be bothered with setting up webshops and dealing with annoying customers like us :) Here's to Enzo Bonafe!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Must not be an easy life being a shoe retailer these days. Most makers have their own webshop and offer a decent online service (not on the same level of SkoAB but still). This gives them an even stronger position in negotiations because they're not as dependent on retailers as before. This allows them to change the rules at their sole discretion. I can see why @Leaves set up his own brand with Lof&Tung but even then he's dependent on the factory making the shoes (and they do have their own quirky policies as well!). Luckily there's still makers like Enzo Bonafe who can't be bothered with setting up webshops and dealing with annoying customers like us :) Here's to Enzo Bonafe!
All of that is true.

dangerous

Reaction score
Anyone of you guys got any experience of instep in button boots? I'm thinking of a MTO on the 74945 last... I got a pair of hunter boots, but the instep is too high. My other boots - the 3937 and 391 got high insteps but it works.

I know button boots are notorious, so I want to see if anyone has experience of it before I start dreaming too much...

Do lasts differ in the instep? I can try on the 363mod pair in the shop if they got my size to see if it works.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the 74945 has a lower instep than the 363mod and 804. I take a 9.0 in 363mod and 804, but 9.5 in 74945.

te00539

Reaction score
Any chance of a utah grain chelsea this year? Especially if they come in UK 5.5?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A couple of months back some people were interested in the Danny Sneaker in Utah Calf. But I already had an order placed so it was a bit overkill to do a GMTO. The Danny in Utah has now launched together with some other nice goodies. Will post more of those later.

5BBD986E-5B2A-42DE-961B-6B04C004D81D.jpeg

knappabn

Reaction score
A couple of months back some people were interested in the Danny Sneaker in Utah Calf. But I already had an order placed so it was a bit overkill to do a GMTO. The Danny in Utah has now launched together with some other nice goodies. Will post more of those later.

View attachment 1391176

Those look great; any chance there will be a restock of EU45?

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1391176

Thank you @Leaves . Order placed for this and hope they fit well. I would even love a version of black Utah calf with black sole.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.