• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is mountain calf, great leather with a subtler texture. If Im not mistaken this is in fact Annonays Montagrain Alpine leather aka alpine grain.
That is correct. They changed the name from Alpine. I guess Mountain calf seems more exotic sounding.

One of the better grained leathers along with the slightly bigger grained Inca.

whorishconsumer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did some research and saw that it is indeed 800. I bought a pair of shell boots and forgot all about duty tax. Wish is was a bit cheaper but such is life.
Same here. Oddly enough I have never been dinged for duty for Carmina orders. Not sure if that's because they have a US presence or if Carmina is picking up the fee. In any event, since you looked into it, would you be able to confirm if the duty is meant to apply to the full price of the item and not just the excess over the $800 duty free amount?
Would you mind sharing what the bill was for duties paid?

Andrew0409

Reaction score
Will these be back in stock?

terrorsquad

Reaction score
I just read Skoak will not be able to ship John Lobbs outside of Europe starting next month.Any reason for this?

SRV

Reaction score
Cross-post from StC thread.
Although I bought these in the fall, I’m just now wearing them on their maiden voyage. Thank Leaves and Skoak.
View attachment 1384920
Hi,

Love the entire outfit! Can you please share details on the pants? Love the shade of blue and the play of textures and herringbone.

Thanks.

winghus

Reaction score
I just read Skoak will not be able to ship John Lobbs outside of Europe starting next month.Any reason for this?
Probably the same reason Carmina and Loake went that route. To not undercut sales in the US by retailers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.