• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate what you are doing during this time. But my position is a bit unique (little unique). Both me and my wife are doctors. And this has just his our healthcare system now. I have no idea how it will effect either of us. Or how badly v will come out of this ... So best not to spend Money on shoes as of now

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a couple of pairs of JL shoe trees...every bit counts, yeah?

I agree with the sentiment already expressed that we should support each other on SF. Now, off to NMWA!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate what you are doing during this time. But my position is a bit unique (little unique). Both me and my wife are doctors. And this has just his our healthcare system now. I have no idea how it will effect either of us. Or how badly v will come out of this ... So best not to spend Money on shoes as of now

"...the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

People who are sick need to stay at home. Elderly people should stay at home to minimize exposure. Acting irrational will casue more death, directly and indirectly, than this virus ever will.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"...the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

People who are sick need to stay at home. Elderly people should stay at home to minimize exposure. Acting irrational will casue more death, directly and indirectly, than this virus ever will.
Except people on this side of the pond don't like to be told what to do. It's a complex society of ideals and misinformation.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As Doctors, you are in the crosshairs of everything. Just like our local law enforcement & fire brigades, the military, you men and women put your lives on the line. Stay safe and be careful (if possible). Shoes will always be there if not now then later. Thanks for checking in.

I got greedy with StCs haha .. Sorry about the situation but glad you included them in the sale.

Damn you! It was you that took my sizing.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except people on this side of the pond don't like to be told what to do. It's a complex society of ideals and misinformation.
And my understanding is that a lot of people who seem to be absolutely fine are carrying the virus and spreading it to others. It's a bastard of a virus, very sneaky. I barely know how to properly boil an egg, so my scientific credibility may be in doubt but that's what I've picked up from reading and from friends who are doctors and much smarter than I am about these things (also more capable at boiling eggs). Be careful everybody.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. People can help and I hope they do. We need to manage the transmission and slow it down. Or else it is gonna be more than what our healthcare infrastructure can handle. And that is the biggest worry. The infrastructure failing is our biggest worry.. People can REALLY HELP ... I hope they do

I have already cut of physical contact with my family because I have a infant child at home. And I know for a fact that the hospital I am in, we r gonna get exposed this month or the next. I am just worried he does not get it because of me. Hence practicing self isolation for his benefit.

No offence to anyone else, but in my current predicament, spending on shoes does not make sense for me atleast

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And my understanding is that a lot of people who seem to be absolutely fine are carrying the virus and spreading it to others. It's a bastard of a virus, very sneaky. I barely know how to properly boil an egg, so my scientific credibility may be in doubt but that's what I've picked up from reading and from friends who are doctors and much smarter than I am about these things (also more capable at boiling eggs). Be careful everybody.

just practice social distancing

wash ur hands

and stay inside

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. People can help and I hope they do. We need to manage the transmission and slow it down. Or else it is gonna be more than what our healthcare infrastructure can handle. And that is the biggest worry. The infrastructure failing is our biggest worry.. People can REALLY HELP ... I hope they do

I have already cut of physical contact with my family because I have a infant child at home. And I know for a fact that the hospital I am in, we r gonna get exposed this month or the next. I am just worried he does not get it because of me. Hence practicing self isolation for his benefit.

No offence to anyone else, but in my current predicament, spending on shoes does not make sense for me atleast

A good video with some good basic information

SteveL91

Reaction score
I'm really bummed that I missed the shell Scott and Denham makeups, but hopefully they'll be restocked again at some point. Even full price, they're a hell of a deal. I had to console myself with a few belts. Oddly enough, it's not providing much consolation... :D

fal32

Reaction score
15 minutes left of the sale.

I wish to thank each and everyone of you who supported us during this sale.
Glad I made it on time to purchase the JL shoe trees!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads