• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I only own yellow box JLPs and haven't bought any in recent years. If finishing really has gone down to Carmina standards that's not good...
My Carmina shoes are looking angry at me because of my own quote above. Just to put things right: Carmina are some of the best shoes at their price point, but at 3-4 times the price one would still expect from JLP to offer something extra ?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Carmina shoes are looking angry at me because of my own quote above. Just to put things right: Carmina are some of the best shoes at their price point, but at 3-4 times the price one would still expect from JLP to offer something extra ?

Expectations and reality often don't match up... :p That being said I don't own any JLP, I'm too much of a St. C fan and feel like a lot of the "extra" JLP brings is simply the name.

AWu

Reaction score
I only own yellow box JLPs and haven't bought any in recent years. If finishing really has gone down to Carmina standards that's not good...
I got a pair in the yellow box era andafter that I never buy JLP again

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves their day may have passed, so this is unlikely I imagine, but any monkstraps (single or double) coming in Bonafe RTW?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am seriously considering putting up JL yellow box that I have for sale on eBay.
@Leaves do you have any exotic or interesting leather in stock? Maybe we can cook up some GMTO

member2000r

Reaction score
I wonder if I can propose a GMTO by Enzo

Apple peel whole cut oxford
804 last
Navy museum calf
Single leather sole with donkey back waist

knappabn

Reaction score
+1 if we could do a chiselled/ soft square one
and why not x post in Enzo thread?

I really have better luck with 804 and 74945 from EB, so their chiseled (602/946) lasts may be deal breakers.

member2000r

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the design? I might be interested.

knappabn

Reaction score
I retract prior comment on last, I would be willing to do 062 last also.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves their day may have passed, so this is unlikely I imagine, but any monkstraps (single or double) coming in Bonafe RTW?

Monks are not making a big comeback anytime soon so any RTW offer will be unlikely.

I am seriously considering putting up JL yellow box that I have for sale on eBay.
@Leaves do you have any exotic or interesting leather in stock? Maybe we can cook up some GMTO

Yes I have just about any shade of lizard, python, cayman, crocodile you can imagine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads