1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. borbor

borbor Senior member

they have a RTW; patina_hk has em. Just nothing online from em so it's quite difficult to check things out.

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Would Anyone be interested in an austerity version of this? dark brown (or bracken) museum/hidro oceano shaft double dainite/Tomir/millerghie sole (open to either) 71495 last Also open to this version [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

1 person likes this.
  4. Spinner00

Spinner00 Member

Thank you kindly

5. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior member

I wear my Skoak EG Alderly more than any other shoe I own. It is an amazing boot for wearing with jeans.

6. laufer

laufer Senior member

It is interesting how RCC of Alderely and Haweswater varies. I wonder if it's due to the lighting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We changed our lighting settings, the Alderley is more like IRL.

1 person likes this.
  8. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I remember the gents being on record saying they preferred small, private operations, so I'm going to guess that the now heavily corporate JLP is out. An Austro-Hungarian brand like Buday (Leaves is also on record lamenting Vass' retailer-unfriendliness) would provide a different stylistic direction.

Of course, it could be another independent Italian maker like Meccariello. I know he's just starting to get his RTW line off the ground.

it could also be a Japanese brand, about which I know virtually nothing (as it's unlikely any Japanese brand would make a shoe big and wide enough for my duck feet).

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That would make me smile.

12. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior member

I would like to see Bestetti on display...or Norman Vilalta. I like one-man brands. Corthay would be nice too.

Cheers,

1 person likes this.
  13. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Not sure about Norman Vilalta, might be a little too "out there" with the colors and schemes for Skoak. Also not sure about Bestetti. I have a sneaky feeling that people who are dominantly bespoke makers (Bestetti, Bemer, Meccariello) might not have the manpower to keep up with inventory. Not sure Skoak wants another EG in that regard.

Really hope it's not C&J...that would be a disaster in my opinion.

2 people like this.
  14. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

Considering the successes folks on this forum have had with MTO with C&J, I'd be thrilled with C&J with Skoak.

1 person likes this.
  15. laufer

laufer Senior member

I sincerely hope it is C&J. I am not willing to take a chances anymore on unknown lasts or lasts that I have not tried before.
    Besides C&J is very customer oriented company. If it is C&J get ready for the rush of the GMTO orders.

16. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

I personally haven't found their price/value to match up for me. Maybe I'm just cheap LOL.

Also Skoak has EG which is also very English, not sure C&J would be different enough to justify adding them.

1 person likes this.
  17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Never tried c&j but do own AS close enough lol

18. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Big fan of C&J but recognize tastes vary. As for having both EG and C&J, that is not the only possibility if C&J were to enter the picture...

19. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

I dont own a single pair of C&J and never really looked at them, but do know that Barneys by my apt carries them and many of them are on sale currently ranging from 250 -400 dollars. Probably not a bad value at that price point, but again i know nothing about them other than they kind of look like a cheaper version of EG

1 person likes this.
  20. Jacke

Jacke Well-Known Member

I don't think it is C&J. There are is C&J store on the same street, like 200m from Skoaktiebolaget.