• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we all are in support of you @leaves. You have been nothing short of a pleasure to always do business with.

Thank you for informing us of all changes/potential changes. I will apologize on my behalf and probably all the other shoe fanatics on this thread for asking and pestering you with the same question over and over again

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A MTO and something from stock cost the same with St Crispins, so why bother waiting?

Dddress since now you have created a monster please guid me from your knowledge what should I Koop from stcrip shoe. I have EG Dover & whole cut on order now moving towards St.C & GG. Before all this I just had Santonies, ferragamo & magnanni & Alden. Know moving up lol

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So to summarize:

Carmina, EG and Stc retailers in the EU will soon be priced to parallel US retailers' pricing?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dddress since now you have created a monster please guid me from your knowledge what should I Koop from stcrip shoe. I have EG Dover & whole cut on order now moving towards St.C & GG. Before all this I just had Santonies, ferragamo & magnanni & Alden. Know moving up lol

All I could ever advise is what has worked for me in the past with regards to any purchases I have made. This of course may or may not work for others. Regardless of brand and regardless of model, I've always tended to purchase the one that I wanted the most at the time I've purchased it. Sometimes its the next on the list and sometimes it's a discovery at that time that I want really bad. I've strayed from this from time to time and mostly its because of opportunity, but the ones I've tended to like the most and use in the long run are those that fit me and work within in my style and my wardrobe. Very rarely do they work when a change to my style is required to accommodate something, and there have been cases where I have done this.

St Crispins makes some outstanding shoes, however their not necessarily for everyone. I have 2 of their shoes but I have more Edward Greens than I have of St Crispins or G&G, and even John Lobb. To this point I tend to like more Edward Green shoes more than I do any of the others regardless of price. So if you see or know of something you really really want and it fits within your style and you probably would have wanted and purchase it regardless of this opportunity then by all means get it. However if you don't then don't just get it because the opportunity presents itself, because you may just regret it later on. If you don't fall in love with it before you get it, what makes you think you will do so afterwards?

Oh, and if you can figure out what they do better than any other or looks better to you than any other shoemaker then this will tend to help weed out some of the choices.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
+1 to all this. Clearly, there are more questions than answers at this point, and we will just have to exercise some patience. This situation isn't of Skoak's making, and I sure sympathize with the position they have been placed in. EG seems to be working hard at losing me as a customer, and they may well succeed.

Last edited:

bloodyj13

Reaction score
As I said, changes are coming but it's not immediate. I wanted to give people a heads up.

Hi, Im one of your customers from Hong Kong, will the new policy affect us? I just sent an email to order a pair of St. Crispin's......

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All I could ever advise is what has worked for me in the past with regards to any purchases I have made. This of course may or may not work for others. Regardless of brand and regardless of model, I've always tended to purchase the one that I wanted the most at the time I've purchased it. Sometimes its the next on the list and sometimes it's a discovery at that time that I want really bad. I've strayed from this from time to time and mostly its because of opportunity, but the ones I've tended to like the most and use in the long run are those that fit me and work within in my style and my wardrobe. Very rarely do they work when a change to my style is required to accommodate something, and there have been cases where I have done this.

St Crispins makes some outstanding shoes, however their not necessarily for everyone. I have 2 of their shoes but I have more Edward Greens than I have of St Crispins or G&G, and even John Lobb. To this point I tend to like more Edward Green shoes more than I do any of the others regardless of price. So if you see or know of something you really really want and it fits within your style and you probably would have wanted and purchase it regardless of this opportunity then by all means get it. However if you don't then don't just get it because the opportunity presents itself, because you may just regret it later on. If you don't fall in love with it before you get it, what makes you think you will do so afterwards?

Oh, and if you can figure out what they do better than any other or looks better to you than any other shoemaker then this will tend to help weed out some of the choices.

Thank you for your input makes more sense & I appricate it.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your input makes more sense & I appricate it.

This is me and this is what works for me. There are certainly others here who may do it differently and certainly will give you some valuable input or advise. I'm a relative shoe noob when it comes to the many more experienced people here.

In the end do the thing that works best for you. Good luck and please do share with us whatever you chose.

Cheers,

Dan

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have boxes of shoes that stay on the shelf as like ddd I have learned that EG is my sweet spot, along with alden boots. I will order a pair of viberg/CJ from time to time but my dovers get theo most rotation time by far. I love the PC to look but on me it wouldn't work.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is me and this is what works for me. There are certainly others here who may do it differently and certainly will give you some valuable input or advise. I'm a relative shoe noob when it comes to the many more experienced people here.

In the end do the thing that works best for you. Good luck and please do share with us whatever you chose.

Cheers,

Dan

I will & I will share & post pic also. Finally picked up Carmina from post office lol about time.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have boxes of shoes that stay on the shelf as like ddd I have learned that EG is my sweet spot, along with alden boots. I will order a pair of viberg/CJ from time to time but my dovers get theo most rotation time by far. I love the PC to look but on me it wouldn't work.

Bespoken I also picked up my first she'll cordoven color 8 long wing blucher love them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads