1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:Chukka FTW.

2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I slept on the EB black captoes - literally. Put them in the cart last night, decided to have an extra Duvel and some totally unnecessary leftovers, and went to bed. Went to pull the trigger this morning and gone. (I know, I know... This story gets old.) Look forward to the 804 GMTO but now wondering if this model wasn't the way to go.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

To be honest the other Last just looks much better to me. To bad it sounds like it may not be as good when it comes to fitting any better.

4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Well, I'm sure I'll be happy enough when the 804s are done - agree it looks better but will have to take a leap of faith on the sizing.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Good luck, here's hoping it works out for you. That Last certainly looks a lot better to me at least with that style of shoe anyway.

6. benjamin8451

benjamin8451 Senior member

ha, my Dover story is the same. The guy who pulled the trigger was fast!

7. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Hey man, will definitely keep you updated on any developments!

8. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Hi guys, I'm looking for some sizing advice on the Enzo Bonafe 74945 last. I wear a 9 UK in the 946 last and the 804 last. I find the 804 last to be slightly long but not to the point where I would size down. The 946 is a perfect length and was a touch tight in the toes until I wore them a few times. Should I go with a 9UK or a 9.5UK?

Thanks in advance!

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

everything I wanted was sold out [​IMG]

10. techaview

techaview Senior member

Been aiming the manolo collaboration from EB full wing Adelaide for the longest time ever... To complete my manolo collection with Carmina suede Adelaide which also happen to be my first Carmina. Thanks to Black Friday code : )

Word can't describe how happy I am...

11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Is anyone sporting the Office Boot? Weighing these against a black shell boot for the office.

12. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

The former is slightly more dressy but the latter is cool as hell and it's the one I would go for as long as pairing with suits isn't the main goal and as long as you don't mind looking after shell.

13. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

@ThunderMarch if your in for a chukka maybe we've already got 3? I'm guessing @rydenfan would also be interested in a chukka. I know he has been jonesing for an EB grain leather chukka with norvegese stitching.

14. ThunderMarch

Hmm, I am actually considering a wingtip balmoral boot kind of makeup. Might already have 3 interests.

15. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Suits are part of the goal. The Black Friday special is cool and has the blind eyelets, which helps.

16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

The office boot is the better bet then. I can't see wearing a Frankenstitch jumper with a suit even if it is black. Though I'm sure some would.

1 person likes this.
  17. ThunderMarch

Hi Patrik,

I understand you only have the unfinished raw materials at the moment but would you be able to give a bit of an approximation for the color of the Tanrsjo Oak, or some form of a pictorial representation that's close enough?
    It would help in getting the GMTO together.
    Thanks in advance.

18. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Let's split it between 2 groups? 3 each? I think a more casual make up would look great with tarnsjo.

19. ThunderMarch

Sure man, though I hope they have enough for 2 groups of 3!

20. laufer

laufer Senior member

I think this might be Kudu from that Peabody tannery. I am glad I got the pair. According to AA Crack site. there are still some colors of this Kudu leather available.

I wonder why Mountain Ram was discontinued.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015