1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Did you order any of the Kudu Thorpes?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. saurabh

saurabh Senior member

Thanks @TtownMD i went for 7.5 F (standard width) in this last as its more elongated and thats what i thought when i ordered. Not sure whether it will fit good as the other Bonafe Chelsea boot which i got a month ago on 746 last size 8 F(Standard width) was too tight on my toes.

Thanks @peppercorn78 . I like Jodhpur boots btw and get compliments on my C&J Jodhpurs Cottesmore so thats why went MTO with Bonafe.
    I think it can be pulled off well wearing it casually. Hope this one fits well and the burnishing/medallion is nice in person.
    I recently also placed order with Carmina for Jodhpur Boots in Saddle Shell (similar styling like G&G Tavistock).

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Well, knowing me, I'll likely do a 180 in a year and then become totally obsessed with jodhpurs. Happened to me with monks, then chukkas....

4. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Thanks @TtownMD
     i went for 7.5 F (standard width) in this last as its more elongated and thats what i thought when i ordered. Not sure whether it will fit good as the other Bonafe Chelsea boot which i got a month ago on 746 last size 8 F(Standard width) was too tight on my toes. 

Thanks @peppercorn78
     . I like Jodhpur boots btw and get compliments on my C&J Jodhpurs Cottesmore so thats why went MTO with Bonafe.
    I think it can be pulled off well wearing it casually. Hope this one fits well and the burnishing/medallion is nice in person. 
    I recently also placed order with Carmina for Jodhpur Boots in Saddle Shell (similar styling like G&G Tavistock).
    [/quote
    Thank you please let me know how the size went for you.

5. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Holy crap my Thorpes are taking an eternity to reach. The phrase "blue balls" comes to mind.
    Kind of the same feeling after Patrik's post with that gorgeous Swedish chick.

1 person likes this.
  6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

No ddd Kudu looks great but is a bit beyond my understated aesthetic. It is one of those looks great just not on me make ups.

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Understand, however I would disagree.

Although it may look a tad flashy on the St James II Kudu and Vintage Cedar shoe, I think the all Oak Kudu won't look nearly as flashy. My guess is that from not o far a distance it will probably look like a grain boot. Maybe a more interesting but still a grain boot.

Have yet to check this out but that would be my guess.

8. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@Leaves

Loving your new product shots, they look so rustic :D

(really though, I might love my Thorpes more than my Galways)

@dddrees & @bespoken pa

Did you see my outfit with the navy knit blazer? I didn't feel the kudu Thorpes were too "loud" for that semi-casual ensemble.

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Finally, someone else who appreciates a medallion on the jodhpur toe. Very nice makeup! Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I don't remember but then again I don't think the all Kudu boots would be that flashy or loud so I'm not that surprised.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@Skoaktiebolaget

Does G&G offer mahogany shell? What is the up charge for cordovan (boots)?

Also, for gents who appreciate a good jodhpur...

Where do you stand on buckle placement? I first liked it on the heel, like the Tavistock, but now that seems too casual and mostly wearable with denim. Buckle around the throat seems more versatile...

12. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

G&G are really restrictive with Cordovan orders since the quality and amount available for high quality Cordovan leather from Horween is less than before.

13. benjamin8451

benjamin8451 Senior member

Are you going to restock Dover?

[​IMG] I checked your upcoming list, seems like that dover is canceled.

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

I just received a pair of Tärnsjö Boots, the leather seems great and also seems very thick compared to traditional grain leather. I do not know if this is my imagination or indeed this leather is thicker. Anyways I am looking forward to breaking these in.

15. vmss

vmss Senior member

I also have this leather in wingtip shoes. It does seem thicker than regular calf and different texture. It looks that its from an older cow as the grain/pores looks bigger.

16. saurabh

saurabh Senior member

Thanks a lot @sacafotos .

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I like it like that too, like how tavistock looks also depends upon type of jodhpur make up. Example JL gator strap jodhpur looks sick with that down ward strap.

18. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

good to hear, been on the fence about the wingtips. Maybe get on the wait list.

19. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We have a few pairs coming in about a week...like five pairs...then a few more pairs a month after this. Got some serious delays at EG right now.

Good thing is we have Galway in Loden/DOAK incoming soon.

20. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, Tärnsjö Grain is thicker, this is correct.