• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1. If not, try the Ferrari.

Lol!
crackup[1].gif

barky, I wear a 9 UK in EG 888 and 82 lasts in an E width. These Bonafe are 9UK as well, They fit slightly wider than the EGs but not noticeably longer. Leather quality is excellent. Between these and my EG Galway and G&G Wigmore it's very close in that regard. If I were splitting hairs, the pebble grain shafts of the 2 Northhampton pairs are maybe a bit more supple than that of the Bonafe. But then, that's comparing two boots that are broken in to one that is brand new.

barky

Reaction score
Lol!
crackup%5B1%5D.gif

barky, I wear a 9 UK in EG 888 and 82 lasts in an E width. These Bonafe are 9UK as well, They fit slightly wider than the EGs but not noticeably longer. Leather quality is excellent. Between these and my EG Galway and G&G Wigmore it's very close in that regard. If I were splitting hairs, the pebble grain shafts of the 2 Northhampton pairs are maybe a bit more supple than that of the Bonafe. But then, that's comparing two boots that are broken in to one that is brand new.

Thanks a lot, Roger.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrival from Skoak yesterday. All aspects of the deal were smooth as silk, as per usual.

Enzo Bonafe derby boot on the 946 chiseled last. Initial out of the box impressions - VERY well made and finished. The fit is reasonably generous across the forefoot and over the instep, which is perfect for me.

I can't really comment on comfort yet as I have ony worn them around the house for a bit. I will get them Topy'd and then rock them every chance I get.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Great looking boots Roger, Congrats.

I've wanted a pair since the day I first saw them.

Unfortunately for me my size was out of stock way before I was actually ready to buy a pair.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody interested in wingtip boot? Something like the boot pictured bellow. I think we could get Bonafe to make one on 363 last? In fact I think Skoaktiebolaget sells wingtip shoe made on 363 last. I do not think making a boot wold be that much difficult.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anybody interested in wingtip boot? Something like the boot pictured bellow. I think we could get Bonafe to make one on 363 last? In fact I think Skoaktiebolaget sells wingtip shoe made on 363 last. I do not think making a boot wold be that much difficult.

Hi. I'm interested in ding an EG Alderlay in Edwardian. The boot looks like this:

In a colour close to this:

I count on placing the order some time during spring, so they can (hopefully) be ready for autumn
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
SKM

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi. I'm interested in ding an EG Alderlay in Edwardian. The boot looks like this: In a colour close to this: I count on placing the order some time during spring, so they can (hopefully) be ready for autumn :D Cheers, SKM
SKM, I know alderley is open lacing or derby/blucher boot. This one would be closed lacing or balmoral boot.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be in on a Shannon with the uppers in Edwardian antique and the shaft with Almond country calf (or something that's tan in pebble) on the 888 last with natural HAF soles. If this sounds interesting I can post pictures of the patterns. :)

Last edited:

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SKM,

I know alderley is open lacing or derby/blucher boot. This one would be closed lacing or balmoral boot.

Indeed it is. However, I prefer derby closing on boots – not only because I think it looks best, but also because I have a very high instep which can make the boot a nightmare put on (I imagine). But good luck with your project!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed it is. However, I prefer derby closing on boots – not only because I think it looks best, but also because I have a very high instep which can make the boot a nightmare put on (I imagine). But good luck with your project!

If you have a high instep you should really give some of Bonafes shoes a try, especially 2102 soft chiseled last. I tired this last and the instep was too high for me and I do have a higher than average instep.

MRMstl

Reaction score
I have finally, officially entered manhood with my first pair of balmoral boots. Hats off again to the team at Skoak! Amazing transaction and exceptional service on my second purchase from them. I missed out on this boot both of their first two times stocking it, then dilly-dallyed when they restocked again last month and almost missed them again. SOOOOO glad I didn't. I could feel my testosterone count go up as soon as I opened the box, and then it spiked even higher once I tried them on. I'm expecting to shatter my personal record on the bench press tonight at the gym
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have finally, officially entered manhood with my first pair of balmoral boots. Hats off again to the team at Skoak! Amazing transaction and exceptional service on my second purchase from them. I missed out on this boot both of their first two times stocking it, then dilly-dallyed when they restocked again last month and almost missed them again. SOOOOO glad I didn't. I could feel my testosterone count go up as soon as I opened the box, and then it spiked even higher once I tried them on. I'm expecting to shatter my personal record on the bench press tonight at the gym
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Lol, careful not to drop sweat on them.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The Carmina 80092 is such a rock solid design. I could happily own it in about 4 different variations. Congrats!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own a EB shoe on the 2102 last? If so, would you mind providing a picture from the top (bird view) and maybe even a comparison shot with other makers of chiseled lasts (C&J 348-last, Carmina Simpson last, Vass U-last, G&G TG73 last)?

Thanks in advance.

MiDo

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to Styleforum. And what better way to start off by initiating a Group MTO together with SKOAKTIEBOLAGET:

CARMINA AUSTERITY BROGUE in tanned calf on simpson last

Details:
· Carmina Austerity brogue
· Model nr. 10089 (Open to nr. 10090 and nr. 80270)
· Simpson last
· Tanned calf
· Antiqued finishing (maybe this can be optional?)
· Goodyear, Single leather sole (Open to rubber tomir sole)
· Sole edge medium brown
· Blind eyelets
· Inner lining: a fun collor, Navy/purple/…

Some pictures:

The design is inspired on the Epaulet version (10089 in caramel calfskin on Rain last):

But on the simpson last like the SKOAKTIEBOLAGET version (Carmina model 80270 Austerity Brogue, antiqued brown calf, Simpson last, single leather sole):

In tanned calf:

Who wants to join?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads