1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

[​IMG] That would be a pretty nice makeup as well.
    But it does seem a little difficult to gather interests for CXL.....

1 person likes this.
  2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Can't wait to see these.
    [​IMG]

3. jackster145

jackster145 Senior member

Hi all, just a reminder I've this on-going:

I'm gathering interest for this Carmina model for a possible GMTO:

[​IMG]
    Last: Rain
    Material: Polo / Tobacco Suede?
    Sole: leather

I like G&G's Barclays, but it is currently out of my price range
    [​IMG]

We Have 2 participants so far!
    Thanks all!

4. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I wish i had jumped in on that one!!!!!! My favorite GG style and in some great two tone combo

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I wish you had too.

In my opinion I think it's one of the best looking shoes to come out this year.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

7. mw313

mw313 Senior member

yes i agree but the timing was off by a few weeks and i just couldn't decide on if it was a good move.

8. charliechan

charliechan Senior member

Agreed, they are beautiful. One thing I don't like about the single monk though is the width of the buckle, not as sleek as the rest of the shoe.
    Does anyone know if StC have access to narrower buckles to match the width of the strap?

9. mw313

mw313 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey guys so I'm looking at this style chukka boot but want it in a lighter colored suede so I can use it in the summer with shorts but can also wear it in the fall with jeans or khakis. I don't want sand suede because I have a pair of 3 eyelet derbys in that color by another brand already. I'm going to have it with a single leather sole with a natural sole edge.

I also prefer not to get a really dark brown because I feel that a medium or lighter suede will be more versatile for those two uses that I have given above. I also don't want one that is too close to GGs polo suede because of the red tones In that brown that make it unique.

So I'm Considering ones like EG coffee suede or something like a dark beige. You can see the more medium hidro suede and also a couple that could fit the bill in Janus suede (Janus snuff and maracca).

Does anyone know the difference between the hidro amd Janus suede? All I've heard is that the Janus is a bit more sporty which makes me think that it would have a thicker nap or be more coarse.

What do you guys think?

10. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I don't know the difference between Hidro and Janus, but if the latter is thicker and more coarse then my preference would definitely lie with the former. I might be in for a lighter coloured suede chukka once my existing GMTO Bonafe suede chukka comes through and I can see how the shade plays out IRL. I'd be open to most lasts other than 946.

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

12. mw313

mw313 Senior member

What are your thoughts on the coloring? I don't want sand suede but I'm fine with a darker beige or light / medium brown. I want to be able to wear it in the summer with shorts but also to be able to wear with jeans or khaki in the fall without a problem.

The Janus Maracca and Janus Snuff both fit the bill in terms of color, but i guess i would have to know if they were even available because i was told that they are being phased out now. In terms of the hidro, what options do you think would work?

Hidro Canapa (like EG mushroom, which is a great beige color)
    Hidro Walnut (says like GG Fox suede which is very nice and could be quite versatile for summer and fall - thoughts?)
    Hidro Tabacco (like EG coffee suede, which i guess could work for summer and fall - thoughts?)

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Surprised nobody has proposed a Carmina Chelsea in llama (Rain last). Seems like the ultimate casual boot to pair up with a jacket and a denim.

@RogerP

Was it you who mentioned this makeup a while back?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  14. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

@Leaves when do you expect the second batch of the pre-order for the Gaziano & Girling Thorpe in Rustic Arran to arrive?

15. whyriver

whyriver Active Member

[​IMG]
    Always a pleasure to know that your shoes are ready to go. Thanks a lot to Skoak, can't wait to try them on.

2 people like this.
  16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

17. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Correct. I really love how these came out.

18. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Today I want to share some pictures from our hood back in the days. For those of you who have visited us, you might recognize yourselves. We are just off the square Östermalmstorg. This square has been here since the 1600s. It was not until 1888 that the square got the look it has today though, with the landmark food market hall Östermalmshallen or just Hallen (The Hall).

For everyone who lives in or is passing through Stockholm, please join us this Thursday October 1 for After Work, we will be serving snacks and drinks (well, mostly drinks). Welcome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pictures from "Stockholms stadsmuseum". Our shop is just down and to the right of the man in the coat and hat in the bottom picture.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  19. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

[​IMG]

G&G Arran MTO in tan kudu, hopefully en route soon….

6 people like this.
  20. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

This is obscene, lol.
    If only there was a GMTO for this.