1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Unfortunately not for GMTOs anymore. Sorry.

2. CFML

CFML Senior member

And No for F-widths?

3. mw313

mw313 Senior member

He said that D, E, and F are all okay for GMTOs as long as they are "consecutive". I think that he means that as long as all 6 pairs are all the same width, there can be a GMTO but if it is D width, all 6 (or more pairs) must be in D width only with no other widths put into the order. The same would go for all E or all F width.

I think that the only ones kept out of this are the extra wide G or extra narrow C widths.

4. NewStart

NewStart Senior member

The way i interpret it is GTMO only available in D,E &F and

1. When there are 6D, any extra E is fine
    2. When there are 6E, any extra D or F is fine
    3. When there are 6F, any extra E is fine

5. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Wait if it has to be consecutive, what if the main GMTO is in F? Could you then do E and G but not D?

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Whatever width you do there has to be 6 of them. If you have more as long it is in the same width your fine, but nothing but that width which you have 6 of.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  7. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

So 6 & more of same width is what the new rules are then?

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Right all same width, this is why the more narrower and wider width feet people will no longer be able to tag along.

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Got yea thank you for clearing It up.

10. Flake

Flake Senior member

I still don't get how different widths are a problem but sizes are not.

1 person likes this.
  11. mw313

mw313 Senior member

That is what concerns me. I thought that maybe he just used consecutive in the wrong way, but i guess that is possible. We will have to wait and see what @Leaves says after seeing these comments.

I think it is more that there must be 6 pairs or more in any width to be able to produce it at the GMTO price, and there really are only chances of that for E and F based on what I have seen, but I could be wrong and hopefully we will get a further clarification of this.

12. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I honestly think it's less about the hassle and more about streamlining batches of shoes. The different widths cannot use stock patterns, whose proportions are thrown off when the shoe gets wider but not correspondingly longer.

I think it's fine, but sucks for us F width folks. What I'm more surprised by is how many of you are straight up E width in GG; from my experience (just trying on, mind you) the G&G E runs narrower than other makers'. I found it narrower than EG's E width.

I need a support group for all my F width G&G brethren so we can run GMTOs by each other.

13. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

You know the funny part is I take 8.5 Uk on EG & 9Uk on G&G both are on E width I had no idea that EG E width is more narrow than G&G

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

EG 82 fit me great in 7.5E
    G&G MH71 fit me perfectly in 7F. Like, incredibly well.

I'm not convinced I can fit the TG73 and DG70 in the same size, despite what people say, because of how aggressively the toe box tapers.

15. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:No question G&G is narrower in E width than EG. Better to go up in width than length, IMO.

16. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Makes sense I am 9.5US I take 9UK on G&G Tg73 last & 8.5UK on EG 606 & 890 last I don't see myself going down to 8.5UK on G&G. For some reason I can go one full size down for EG.

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I have not tried MH71 last have few G&G shoes order on that last size 9UK but take 9UK on TG73 so we shall see. But that's the general recommendation I have gotten from people.

18. mw313

mw313 Senior member

yea i guess you could ask around and we could make a list of everyone's widths so we can organize GMTOs in that way.

19. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I go down a full size for EG too, but that probably is because I am a very narrow foot.

20. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

You do know I am not exactly D but very close to be D that when I got measured the person said close enough to be D