1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior member

Yeah, this is a bummer. still don't know how this happened. I have two boots, one with and one without speed hooks and the boots with speed hooks are so much easier to use.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Congrats, and I would Luv to see some pictures especially since it's going to be at least another week before I receive mine.

With speed hooks the lacing is already undone since the laces fall off when you untie them. The ease of speed hooks is because of this and the fact putting them back on it's easer because the eyelets can be a pain to re-lace. For me I have a few boots like this and I don't tend to use boots without speed hooks whenever I'm in a hurry. Frankly for this boot I'm actually more excited that they don't simply because I think they look better without the hooks and I have enough boots that I just wont use this pair if I am in a hurry.

3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

My experience as well.

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

The one exception was my Alden 4060 shell captoes. With those I only had to undo the top eye and loosen the rest. Gave me a false impression that all no hook boots would all be that easy. Not the case.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Probably because of how the shaft was constructed in combination with how far up the tongue was connected going up the sides of the boot would be my guess.

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

The cavernous volume of the Grant last probably helped, too. [​IMG]

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Ah cavernous volume, too funny. LOL

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Tif always has a way with words.

9. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thank you very much, Dan, for your kind words. / Gabriel

Thanks for the heads-up. It should be fixed now.

It will most likely be restocked again. Please e-mail us to be placed on our waiting list for the time being.

Please e-mail us and we will help you to sort this out.

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

You deserve it, and I generally appreciate what you and the rest of the Skoak crew and your boss does.

Thank you,

Dan

1 person likes this.
  11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Not only that, he's a terrible enabler.

I might have some boots, but I probably wouldn't have any shoes if it weren't for him. LOL

12. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Takes longer for sure but I just loosen the top half all the way just short of taking it out of the holes and use the pull tab / shoe horn. Rather do that then unlace. Can you share photos please so @dddrees can rest easy?

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yes, yes

Let's see those Pics!!!

14. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior member

Ugh, I've deliberated on this all week but I've decided to pass on getting the Pearl St. James II. I won't have enough USD to spare and I still have my burgundy Carmina adelaides coming in next month.

At least now I won't have to worry about finding a matching belt. (Who the heck sells grey belts?) To those who are getting them, what belt are you thinking to pair it with?

15. mw313

mw313 Senior member

i hope that you don't regret it.

How that is a good question. Where can we get a nice grey belt? Can we order one from GG or have Skoak order us one?

16. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Sorry to hear that. Many of us have been down that path and many of us regret it after the shipment comes in. Best of luck to you!

I think black works. It matches some of the color, don't need to match all of it. Or you can match something else like your tie or shirt. Otherwise maybe skoak can help.

17. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Yea i know how that is. I did that with a couple of special GG's over the past year and still regret them.

Yea i can see black working and i don't always match my belt to the exact color of the shoes. I try to blend when possible to make it interesting on the less formal attire. I just wonder if Skoak can get us the belts in the same colors if desired.

18. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I think I'm going to have to block him then.

19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yep its terrible I know and I don't think I've ever shared this with anyone before, but @tifosi is a closet shoe geek. LOL

20. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

[​IMG]