1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

2. vmss

vmss Senior member

Carmina rain last is same length as Simpson right?
    Figuring my size out cause I have forest, Inca and Simpson in uk8.5. Simpson is more snug compared to both and length wise longer.

3. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

I s
    maybe you can go up a size. Or up a width as wide 946 is available.

4. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

I don't remember if it was in this thread or the Carmina thread, but I believe someone posted a size 7.5 Rain and size 8 Simpson and the lengths were pretty equal. I personally wear size 8 Rain and size 8.5 Simpson. Simpson is a lot narrower.

5. Dieg0

Dieg0 Senior member

Did Soak ever carry Carmina rain in EEE width? Or do you necessarily have to order it as a(n) (G)MTO?

6. Sudonihm

Sudonihm Senior member

I believe you either need to do an MTO with a 50% mark up, find an all EEE Gmto (no mark up, which I would be interested in), or pay a mark up on a gmto (though I defer to Skoak for truth to this last one).

Brown plain toe blucher or burgundy Adelaide with a medallion on the rain last in a EEE?

7. laufer

laufer Senior member

skell I would recommend keeping the same size but going up in a width. I had the same issue with 946 last, when I went a half size up in length the shoe was too long. In the end I went with the g width. I would recommend going with G width but keeping the same size.

8. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Yep, I plan on getting a size 8 G width on my 946 GMTO. Now if I could just get one more person...

9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Ok so based upon all you gents input & info for 946 & 804 last which fits similar to carmina rain last. I will go with same size as my rain last size 8.5UK. On rain last it's a good snug fit on brand new shoes with very little heel slippage. If this is wrong please help me out. Like all ways all your feed back & help is greatly appricated.

10. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

If Rain fits great I think 946 in the same size will fit great too unless your toes are already slightly cramped in Rain.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Nope fits fine good snug fit definately want to pick up 946 & 804 last & hoping 804 will work out also.

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I had asked Gabriel in an email if it would be now possible to add EEE sizes to GMTOs on Rain or Detroit, as other retailers are now able to do this and Carmina also allows through their site.

But they were swamped with Edward Green business at the time, and I never followed up on it. Maybe the idea can be revisited?

13. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

I took a size 9 in the 804 and a 9.5 in the 946. I wear a 9.5 in the Rain last models that I own, one being a chukka and the other a balmoral boot. I can't wear the Rain in an oxford style though, as I find the instep too high and the length a bit too much. The 946 is a touch shorter so I can deal with the extra volume of the instep. I found the 804 to be very long and wide in the same sizing as rain.

Just to give you guys some background on myself, my feet are between a D and C width, and my instep is on the lower end of the spectrum. My typical US size for dress shoes would be a 10.5D.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Thanks JS, good to know.

15. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Let's try this again...

Gaziano Girling Mountain Ram Thorpe (Not Kudu)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  16. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

At first I looked at your shoes your selling to see if they were my size and then say your newest boots were ugly and that I would be happy to take them from you. Since you are not my size, that joke doesnt apply. What does apply is WOW. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

17. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Thanks justin. Fall can't come soon enough.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

That's the first pair of exotic skins that I've actually liked, very nice texture and grain for Thorpe. How durable is mountain ram?

19. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

No worries! Wear them in great health man. I cannot wait to see you rock them

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

those looks so killer, congrats