• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

golfinz

Reaction score
@Leaves is it possible to order the manolo x sko shoe in a uk5.5? I have the first collaboration and it's one of my favorites. This one is just as wonderful!

Dieg0

Reaction score
Eg is and will like always be no.1 for me the lasts and general aesthetics appeal to me. I will order a couple of pairs of St.C (one in the works) but everything skoak offers is aesthetically different. Something for everyone.

Now if only leaves could stock a pair of phillip II's in plum
smile.gif

I don't view St.C as being better than EG just different. At some point the apex of quality is reached and then it just comes down to a matter of taste. I know hand lasting is more preferable than GYW but honestly with how this crowd cares for and wears their shoes gemming failure is not as a likely IMO.

I think you are mistaken, if you look at the way shoes are made, I think StC stands much closer to the artisanal/bespoke tradition, whereas EG is very nice but there is nothing artisanal anymore in them. I think about the shoes of EG not being 100% leather (the stiff parts are in some kind of fused canvas/plastic) it could be StC uses different layers of leathers for the stiff part of the shoe, EG has cork pasta filling, whereas StC uses cork pages (will hold better in time). StC are hand welted >>>> machine welted. There are even other details, but I lack the vocabulary and translation programs suck most of the time once you need specific words.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves is it possible to order the manolo x sko shoe in a uk5.5? I have the first collaboration and it's one of my favorites. This one is just as wonderful!

I'm not ruling it out but we have no immediate plans for restock as we ordered a very large batch for this colab.

ecwy

Reaction score
I think you are mistaken, if you look at the way shoes are made, I think StC stands much closer to the artisanal/bespoke tradition, whereas EG is very nice but there is nothing artisanal anymore in them. I think about the shoes of EG not being 100% leather (the stiff parts are in some kind of fused canvas/plastic) it could be StC uses different layers of leathers for the stiff part of the shoe, EG has cork pasta filling, whereas StC uses cork pages (will hold better in time). StC are hand welted >>>> machine welted. There are even other details, but I lack the vocabulary and translation programs suck most of the time once you need specific words.

What about EB compared to StC since both are hand welted? Genuinely curious on whether the price difference is worth it.

golfinz

Reaction score

I'm not ruling it out but we have no immediate plans for restock as we ordered a very large batch for this colab.

Thanks for the quick reply! If you rule it in, consider a size 5.5 sold

Dieg0

Reaction score
What about EB compared to StC since both are hand welted? Genuinely curious on whether the price difference is worth it.

Very good question: I can't comment, since I don't know how they proceed, their methods etc and also don't know anyone knowing that :)
StC seems to carry more styles, perhaps Skoab will be able to confirm that StC can make anything you want, whereas EB wouldn't if it isn't in their catalog, I think of the split toe derby where the splitting comes very high on the vamp. (this one https://www.pinterest.com/pin/186547609535406192/ )

Skell6009

Reaction score
Some recent Enzo Bonafe pickups from SkoAB. They're both breathtakingly beautiful.

I also want to thank @ecwy for the pics he posted a while back comparing the 363 MOD last to Carmina Rain. They are definitely a bit wider in the same size, which allows me to wear the shell boots with boot socks.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Those 804 lasted captoes, though!!!!!

ecwy

Reaction score
I also want to thank @ecwy for the pics he posted a while back comparing the 363 MOD last to Carmina Rain. They are definitely a bit wider in the same size, which allows me to wear the shell boots with boot socks.

Always happy to help
smile.gif

Enzo Bonafe shell seems "cleaner" than my Carmina ones.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From my perspective if you have to ask then more than likely it probably wouldn't be worth it to you because generally speaking most of the differences at this price point tend to be rather visual in nature. I think you'll find both of these shoemakers both do a real good job when it comes to construction and quality of work. So really what's left will be the Last, the quality of the leather, the finishing and all these elements tend to be rather visual.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Bonafé vs. StC, can Leaves or anyone else comment on recrafting for each --- process and cost? I've read some comments on StC relasting vs. resoling that left me confused. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Bonafé vs. StC, can Leaves or anyone else comment on recrafting for each --- process and cost? I've read some comments on StC relasting vs. resoling that left me confused. Thanks in advance.

to tie onto that, maybe they can post options and general pricing for recrafting of all shoe brands that Skoaktiebolaget carries. That would be a good reference for us all to have.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
M
to tie onto that, maybe they can post options and general pricing for recrafting of all shoe brands that Skoaktiebolaget carries. That would be a good reference for us all to have. 

Just email the store and they will gladly respond with all of this. Most stores don't make a habit of plastering all of their prices for everyone to see. I have been provided a full St.C, EG, G&G price list as I'm sure many others have as well.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M
Just email the store and they will gladly respond with all of this. Most stores don't make a habit of plastering all of their prices for everyone to see. I have been provided a full St.C, EG, G&G price list as I'm sure many others have as well.

of course. that makes perfect sense, but I figured that the recraft cost would be set prices for each brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads