1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yes me too :)

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Those are lovely shades of green thank god I am done with green

3. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

A chukka boot in azzurro shark will be awesome, but I am going to be with a causal 173 last and dainite sole.

Don't know if anyone else interested

4. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I know some of you are wondering when Gariel is back. I'd like to remind you that my colleague Alexander and I are also available for fitting advice and other queries so it's not the end of the world that Gabe is on vacation. :) Gabriel will be back on Monday but has a very long list of things to attend to when he's back so do not expect him to be available until end of next week.

Note that the Bonafè factory is closed until Monday next week. The StC factory is closed until August 30 but we can still accept and place MTOs. We will not however be able to respond to queries that specifically needs feedback from the factories until they open up again.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. Cityplace

Cityplace Senior member

[​IMG]

Enzo Bonafe wholecuts in dark brown museum 2102b last.

6 people like this.
  6. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Whats the difference between the 946 last and 2102B last?looks quite similar though 946 is a tad more aggresive

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

8. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

It looks like we're going with tobacco, malwear, so if you're willing to switch feel free to join us. Otherwise, I suspect you can find some folks to put together an order on Polo before the price increase.

9. Leaves

A quick note about Carmina prices

I received a new recommended retail price list this week from Carmina. These will kick in on August 17. It is the first time Carmina sends out a recommended price list in order to harmonize pricing between their retailers and their own stores. We’re a bit swamped right now in regards of questions regarding the new US and International policies and as you know we are short-handed. So please allow us some extra time before we answer any queries. Please do not PM me, send any questions you have to sales@skoaktiebolaget.se. Thank you.

A lot of things going on at the same time right now. :evolve: As always, this price increase only applies to new orders. It will not affect any placed orders, pre-orders or MTOs. Nor will it affect any current GMTOs - even if they expire after August 17.

These are the new prices from Aug 17:

• Shoes - 3700 SEK VAT included
    • Inca lasted shoes - 4100 SEK VAT included
    • Chukkas and Chelseas - 4300 SEK VAT included
    • Jodphurs - 4700 SEK VAT included
    • Boots - 4700 SEK VAT included

I am giving this heads up so you have a few days to place in-stock RTW orders before the new prices kick in. We won't be able to do any MTOs using the old pricing, the timing just does not allow for it.

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

am i missing something or is RTW shoes priced at 3600SEK right now? So the bump to 3700 SEKKis minimal. It does look like the Incas last will be bumped higher given that Carmian charges higher for its Inca lasted shoes as well.

What about shell cordovan?

11. Leaves

Increase for shoes is minimal but for boots and low boots it's enough to make a difference. Have not heard anything about Cordovan. No recommendation from Carmina yet.

1 person likes this.
  12. rc121

rc121 Senior member

X-post from EB thread:

Any wide footed folks here that have gone 946 H width and can compare to Vass H width or Carmina extra wide lasts? Curious on sizing...

13. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

I will probably be placing my first Skoak order here soon. Have any US customers had to return/exchange a pair before? I'm trusting Skoak's sizing advice but just in case I wanted to know what the approximate costs are to ship a pair back if necessary. Thanks!

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

Around $50 - $60 for a pair of shoes.

15. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yes mr laufer is correct 50 to 60$ through basic postal service.

16. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Just curious why the Inca last costs more? Is there something unique about it?

Apologies if this has been discussed previously...didn't see much discussion from my search.

1 person likes this.
  17. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Earlier you said you'd cover shipping and duties. Does that still apply?

18. Leaves

On the upcoming U.S. Store Front launched in September, yes, for US clients only. If you take a few moments and read my post again I'm sure it will be quite clear. :)

3 people like this.
  19. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

If Carmina shoe prices are only going up about 11 USD, I guess there is no rush just yet. However, for chukkas and Chelseas...

20. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Apparently Inca is supposed to be carmina's premium last. From what I hear the uppers are also better. Ostensibly, I also see a few extra nails on the sole.