• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contragulations Skoaktiebolaget!!

Wish you all the best with another great shoemaker

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How much is the upcharge for St Crispins to modify a last to better fit my feet? @Leaves
 Thanks!

There are different ways to provide a great fit. The best way, apart from actually being fitted in the shop, is to order a pair from our RTW collection after consulting us for fitting advice, and really wear them, for several weeks, and then decide if you need a personal last or not. If you decide the RTW sizing is not optimal, there are basically two options.

1. The short term option is to add fitting pieces. While this will provide a better fit, this surcharge will apply every time you order a pair, as the fitting pieces will be added and then removed from the last for every order.
  2. The long term solution, and what we recommend, is to make a "personal customer last". This is a one time surcharge of 2800 SEK ex VAT (will apply to every last shape, so if you want one personal last for Classic and one for Chiseled, you need to pay the surcharge twice).

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are different ways to provide a great fit. The best way, apart from actually being fitted in the shop, is to order a pair from our RTW collection after consulting us for fitting advice, and really wear them, for several weeks, and then decide if you need a personal last or not. If you decide the RTW sizing is not optimal, there are basically two options.

1. The short term option is to add fitting pieces. While this will provide a better fit, this surcharge will apply every time you order a pair, as the fitting pieces will be added and then removed from the last for every order.
  2. The long term solution, and what we recommend, is to make a "personal customer last". This is a one time surcharge of 2800 SEK ex VAT (will apply to every last shape, so if you want one personal last for Classic and one for Chiseled, you need to pay the surcharge twice).

Thank you Leaves for clarifying this. It is very helpful.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are different ways to provide a great fit. The best way, apart from actually being fitted in the shop, is to order a pair from our RTW collection after consulting us for fitting advice, and really wear them, for several weeks, and then decide if you need a personal last or not.

Does StC purport, a la G&G, that all the lasts fit basically the same, or is there understood to be significant variation like Vass? Interested in the Novello last, but there's no RTW reference model :(.

fllick

Reaction score

Thanks! very helpful and informative!

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience ordering StC's on a customized last through a different retailer? Like, for example, StC has a trunk show here in NYC and I get fitted for a customized last by Philipp and order a pair of shoes. Can I then place an order through Skoak using the customized last I was fitted for in NYC? Skoak's pricing is just too good.

Ideally, I'd just get measured in NYC without placing an order, just pay the fee for the custom last through whatever retailer the trunk show is at, and then place all my orders through Skoak, but I'm sure this is prohibited and totally in poor taste.

Last edited:

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For option 1 and 2, I assume we have to come into the shop, correct? Can it be at any time with just Skoak employees? Or would we have to come in to the shop during a trunk show (or some other way for StC personnel to be on hand)?

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience ordering StC's on a customized last through a different retailer? Like, for example, StC has a trunk show here in NYC at The Armoury or Leffot and I get fitted for a customized last by Philipp and order a pair of shoes. Can I then place an order through Skoak using the customized last I was fitted for in NYC? Skoak's pricing is just too good.

Ideally, I'd just get measured in NYC without placing an order, just pay the fee for the custom last through whatever retailer the trunk show is at, and then place all my orders through Skoak, but I'm sure this is prohibited and totally in poor taste.

It would seem that way to me too.

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does StC purport, a la G&G, that all the lasts fit basically the same, or is there understood to be significant variation like Vass? Interested in the Novello last, but there's no RTW reference model
frown.gif

I have a boot and a shoe on their Novello last & think it's a great look. I also consider it a totally different animal from their others
and would not recommend ordering without trying it on first.

Also, to give an opinion on the G&G fit 'guide' - no, fit is not necessarily the same across all their lasts.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are different ways to provide a great fit. The best way, apart from actually being fitted in the shop, is to order a pair from our RTW collection after consulting us for fitting advice, and really wear them, for several weeks, and then decide if you need a personal last.

been there did that . . . . first order with you guys placed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads