1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

Well
    I'm fine with any shade of brown or even natural sole edge

2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

@Leaves @Skoaktiebolaget

How much variation along darkness/lightness is there in Carmina brown calf (ignoring the dark calk, but focusing on mid-brown). I have various "tans" for spring but wanted something more mid-brown.

3. CrimsonWave

CrimsonWave Well-Known Member

It has just been confirmed that EB did indeed go on vacation without finishing my order.

I do not know what your motives were, but you are the one who has been proven to be wrong. I would have apologised if the statement you had quoted was incorrect, but it has been revealed to be true. Perhaps you should have the integrity to admit your own error as well.

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ Okay. That sucks. But how much more of your b!tching and complaining do we have to look forward to? Really, just how much more do you have to say on the subject that hasn't already been covered in your multiple previous posts?

1 person likes this.
  5. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Uggh. Not again. Let it go. Sometimes fancy shoes take longer than expected to make. Are you walking around barefoot in the meantime? Sorry for being flippant, but we've covered this before. We understand your viewpoint, I think Patrik does too.

6. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

It's just a pair of shoes. Lighten up.

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I have no problems admitting that I was wrong.

The points in my first paragraph are however, still correct.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  8. CrimsonWave

CrimsonWave Well-Known Member

With respect this is a different point. This latest post was about setting the record straight that I had not lied.

But if you are unable to distil different points in posts that do not contain effusive praise, for your benefit I will add that in spite of our disagreements, Skoaktiebolaget did expend considerable effort in trying to make things right and I acknowledge that it was very commendable.

Edit: I also promise that, as long as I won't have to respond to any distortions of my statements or personal attacks (not saying there have been any), this shall be my last post on this thread about the delay of this particular order.

9. laufer

laufer Senior member

Can you tell us what did you order, last, leather what make-up? Some models take longer than others to make. Bonafe finished one pair of shoes from my order in 8 weeks, the other two took 12-13 weeks.

In the meantime cross-post from Bonafe thread

If anybody is interested in GMTO for this boot let me know? Maybe in green lama calf?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ehult

ehult Senior member

We look forward to your next round of complaint posts for your next order!

11. rjsphd

rjsphd Senior member

Wow. Wear them in good health.

12. vmss

vmss Senior member

Yes natural edge would be even nicer.

13. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ok, just found this in the Carmina thread, from Leaves

My question concerns any gradations around the first color (Vegano Marron) that might be lighter but not to Natur Cuero. The Natur Burdeos looks very similar to the Marron. The former must be a bit redder, so curious about that too.

I am interested in the "finishing".

14. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Awesome.

Man I sure missed the boat with these, sure glad I went in on the St James II Kudu and Cedar calf though.

15. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Darker is better on your make up

17. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I was considering this too but I am a narrow and would not be a part of the first set of people needed to get the order plus I'd like to get in my kudu thrilled to make sure that the size and width I chose work for me on this last before ordering another pair in the same sizing.

18. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I love how they came out in depth of color and texture so I can't wait until I get mine.

19. ThunderMarch

I'm sorry. You are right. I'd realised that a darker sole would perhaps be better to give more of contrast between the soles and the uppers, and also between the sole and the contrast stitch.

20. ThunderMarch

By the way.
    Just thought I'd seek you guys' opinion.
    I've been wanting for the longest time to get a pair of jodhpurs done with EB.
    I've always thought hatch grain would go great with such a pair of boots but EB doesn't work with it apparently. As a result I'd considered cola llama. But after looking at some pictures of llama in the wild, I'd found that it might crease and wrinkle a fair bit more than I'd desire.
    I do like the idea of museum calf but it seems like it would be a weird idea to do this on a jodhpur.
    What do you guys think? What would be a good choice for uppers?
    That being said, anyone interested in joining?