1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Excellent, Congrats!!!

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

+ 1

3. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

So question for you gents is Dainite generally that uncomfortable? I had them on suede Detroit last chukka had them on for 10 hour it felt like I am walking on hard floor very uncomfortable. Is this normal?

4. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

I assume these are new shoes? They'll break in just like leather soles will. I find them very comfortable but some might disagree.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yea they are brand new took them out today for 10 hour spin. Man bottom of my foot felt super stiff & uncomfortable & I am hoping it's what you said & after break in period it will be better.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I generally find it more comfortable and easier to break in. Are you sure the Detroit last is a good fit for your foot?

7. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

God knows I normally take 8.5UK rain last took 8Uk on Detroit last suede chukka but man it felt very stiff but if it continues then no I am done buying Detroit last.

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I don't find them uncomfortable at all, much less "that" uncomfortable. They do have a firm feel underfoot - which I like. Not a choice for those who like a soft feel underfoot. I wore my Dainite-soled Galways as my sole footwear to a trade show in Atlanta where I was one my feet pretty much all day and into the evening for three days straight, not to mention travelling there and back. Very comfortable and supportive.

Some like a soft, squishy mattress. Some like firm. Same deal here. Buy what you like.

9. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I don't recommend that course of action with any brand new shoes regardless of sole material.

10. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Ah got yea & that makes more sense yes very firm feeling not some thing I am use to for long period of time & thank you for your input. Any other rubber option you recommend maybe tomir?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Got yea I was under impression that non leather soles shoes you don't really have to slowly break them in but thank you for your input. In future I guess I will walk around my house for few hours each day before taking them out for long spin. Good to know that breaking in rule applies to all sole shoes.

12. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

I have 2 pairs of shoes on Dainite soles. They are fine. If you want the ultimate all day comfort, look no further:

[​IMG]

13. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Awsome what shoe is that bud?

14. eljimberino

eljimberino Senior member

If you walked around for 10 hrs in a brand new pair of shoes - no blisters or pain - and all you felt was a hard sole - you're doing well I'd say. It's the whole show breaking in, not just the dainite.

15. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Nope no blister or pain just felt very firm & uncomfortable but yea you are very right about that.

16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Dainite is probably the firmest feeling of the synthetic soles. Most of the others will feel a.bit softer. Crepe is probably the softest of all.

17. jerrybrowne

Wait, aren't you an MD? I thought all doctors wear Danskos around the hospital...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  18. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I just started my shoe collection past 2 months & I were Nike 5.0 light as hell & very comfortable. I picked them up from Nordstrom anniversary sale. And most of my coworkers don't know what half of my shoes that I bought are or just rock ferragamos.

19. jerrybrowne

Just joking around. Danskos are part of the uniform at lots of hospitals out here- doctors, nurses etc. wear them. Not particularly expensive but I'm told they are very comfortable.

20. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I will check them out & thank you. You kind of scared me because there are few ppl on SF who know me in real life through posting shoes and clothing item & they recognized me freaked me out for a bit but it's all good. But all in all they are good ppl :)