1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The import tax and duties from the EU to US for men's shoes is 8.5% plus maybe another percent handling fee from FedEx, to be honest, I think this is very low.

It is correct that Bonafè does not provide a recommended retail price list and probably never will. Saint Crispin's did not either until very, very recently. With StC the problem is more the opposite where you see over priced StC in parts of the world. Carmina still does not have a formal RRP although they expect you to not sell below their online prices. But that's about to change. There will be major changes before the end of the year.

1 person likes this.
  2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

One reason why I wanted to get some GMTOs in via Carmina sooner than later.

3. gdknight64

gdknight64 Active Member

I know I am late to this, but if others are still interested in a rain lasted tomir sole formal dress shoe in burgundy, I would be in as well.
    I would also be fine with vegano burdeaux (see here: http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/lace-up-burgundy-80251) or museum burgundy for color.
    For design I would be fine with anything as minimal as this (http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-oxford-shoes/toe-cap-punched-80201) up to a quarter-brogue but no more than that.
    @Pbayvip @canadianhockey3 @BingoLiddle @ThunderMarch was there a 6th person interested and did anyone make a thread?

Hope we can make this happen--thanks!

4. canadianhockey3

canadianhockey3 Senior member

I would be interested in a burgundy with a tomir sole if it's either a normal cap toe or quarter brogue.

5. SoleGarb

SoleGarb Member

That is insanely high and to be charged both. Sorry

1 person likes this.
  6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yea that's Canadian tax for you

7. oxfordsandties

oxfordsandties Senior member

Hey @gdknight64 going to make the thread now, I had proposed the idea last week but have been so busy with work. I will add everyone to it

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Is Ttown the new sacafotos?

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

How so? (Don't remember what sacafotos did)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I would not say king but definitely did over hall my shoes collection for a new person :) but thank you.

12. TweedyProf

Can one do a split toe derby in forest or rain last? I have it in Simpson but I'd like less of a taper.

13. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I would say so either mto or gmto but yes you can

14. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

What is this pick on ttown day lmao. Any ways whatever shoes I get I post it asap but if that makes me sacafotos then so be it. By the way some are mto not all :D

16. TweedyProf

Does anyone have pics of split toe shoes in Rain or Forest? Thinking about mid brown, but interested in any colors that are in that range (my current split toes are in tan).

17. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I am using cell phone but go in my profile & pic & look at carmina forest last pictures.

18. rando

rando Senior member

There's currently a GMTO that's open until this week for split toe on the alcudia last

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I'd look at Soller before Forest. There was a recent split toe GMTO on Soller that looked really nice.

20. TweedyProf

Thanks all. Not familiar with Alcudia or Soller (though the latter is even rounder than Forest which I just saw via Ttown?). Im inclined to Rain if it can be done.

1 person likes this.