• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves did you get my PM about the GMTO Thorpe and my questions on it? Thanks!

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a pair of Robert lasted oxfords for a few hours (returned them for personal reasons), but I found the Robert last to fit similar to Simpson in width.  The biggest difference was the Robert last has significantly more arch support.  I feel I can't call it a higher instep, because I only felt the different under the arch of my foot (I've got high arches so I actually liked this aspect of the Robert last).  If I had flat feet, I would not find this to be very comfortable. 

The Robert lasted oxford I had was a half size smaller than the simpson lasted oxford I own.

Thanks. That is very helpful.

AHS

Last edited:

mcl911

Reaction score

I was about to pay for my own MTO, member GAM29 wanted in via PM just in time.

So is there one more member wants a black seamless wholecut so we can all save 15%?

Price will be 7200 SEK ex VAT / 9000 SEK inc VAT.
Details?

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to pay for my own MTO, member GAM29 wanted in via PM just in time.

So is there one more member wants a black seamless wholecut so we can all save 15%?

Price will be 7200 SEK ex VAT / 9000 SEK inc VAT.
Details?

Enzo Bonafè 771 Intero Seamless wholecut
in Black Calf
946 last,
Bordeaux lining,
Single leather sole with beveled waist

jackster145

Reaction score
Quote: SWEET! mine are en route to my home as we speak!
cheers.gif

Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you guys!
Alright, i will probably swing by the store later this week.
Do you have any idea about when the next delivery of the EB MTO-shoes will arrive?
We hope that more Bonafè goodness will arrive during the period of April-May.

@Leaves did you get my PM about the GMTO Thorpe and my questions on it? Thanks!
Please feel free to send us an e-mail if you have any further questions as well.

jackster145

Reaction score
A little sum'n sum'n...

Apologies for ****** iphone pics! too excited for my first pair of carmina boots!

The hand-burnished grain looks darn good and makes for an overall rugged looking boot.

Shall not let the tropical heat in where I live diminish my new-found love for boots! (Can't wait for the gmto polo suede bal boots to arrive now...)

Thank you Skoak for the speedy service and delivery.

cheers

Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A little sum'n sum'n...

Apologies for ****** iphone pics! too excited for my first pair of carmina boots!

The hand-burnished grain looks darn good and makes for an overall rugged looking boot.

Shall not let the tropical heat in where I live diminish my new-found love for boots! (Can't wait for the gmto polo suede bal boots to arrive now...)

Thank you Skoak for the speedy service and delivery.

cheers
Many thanks for sharing and wear them in good health.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves @stevent @greasymonkey any word on the kudu leather characteristics? Love the look, but unsure on the feel and care.

It fits similar to calf (I have 2 pair of Isham in the same last in calf), maybe half a hair more lose. Calf is more elastic IMO.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves Those Blake stitched EB loafers look great. Perfect for spring/summer. Quite a bargain for hand welted shoes to.

I do have a question regarding how EB does their Blake construction. Blake stitched shoes as I understand are constructed by wrapping the bottom of the leather insole with the uppers then cemented. A leather outsole is then attached and stitched through the upper and the insole using a Blake machine (thus the name Blake stitched). Is this how EB constructs their Blake stitched shoes except that the Blake stitch is made by hand and not machine? I wonder how this is done as the stitch goes from the bottom of the outsole and into the upper and insole and then out to the inside of the shoe and then out again.

I'm nowhere close to being a shoe welting expert so maybe I've also misunderstood how the Blake construction works.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Blake stitched are Blake stitched and not hand stitched. Sorry to jump in. Can still be - and certainly are - great shoes.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Blake stitched are Blake stitched and not hand stitched. Sorry to jump in. Can still be - and certainly are - great shoes.
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I was confused by the description from the Skoab website that states EB shoes being completely handwelted. From what I understand, EB also offers GYW shoes (at least as per the pricing sheet that was available during the MTO run in January). Are these also then machine stitched?

My inquiry was just for my own knowledge about the construction method used by EB. Apologies if this was already discussed here before.

I completely agree that the shoes are wonderful regardless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads