1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. borbor

borbor Senior member

put it this way.

i bought my 2nd pair of carminas from these guys at skoak when i live down the street from leatherfoot. Absolutely NOTHING but great things to say about Arne and his team over there, but what they stock and what I was looking for weren't exactly on the same page when it came to carminas. Patrick and Gabe were nothing but great in terms of email response when it came to my gazillion questions about what I wnated to order.

They shipped out fast too. I got the invoice in the morning Eastern time, I got the tracking number after lunch.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Leaves, can you confirm the bolded part? I thought Edward Green only had shearling in the shaft of the boots?

Also, how does Edward Green shearling compare with the shearling from Carmina and Enzo Bonafe?

3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

That's good to hear. I think each vendor has their strengths - leatherfoot seems like a great shop and I love the fact that they stock some interesting Saint Crispin's makes, but $1600 shoes aren't in my budget now. Skoak has me sold on their prices but also the brands/styles they offer. Think I might have to pull the trigger on a pair of carminas next

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

those Beaulieus are an instakop :slayer:

looking forward to my first purchasing experience with our good friends at the shop whose name i can't pronounce :happy:

5. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Isn't that the truth!

6. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

I think they had some sort of pronunciation class here before, but I will try to write it the way it's supposed to be pronounced in Swedish:
    skoaktsijebolagett

Edit: here's how it should sound:
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Leaves does Edward Green sell shoe trees for the 64 Last?

Just thinking ahead for that pair of Galway I just pre-ordered.

8. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Leaves can you give some clarification on the shearling lining for the Galway preorder? How will this differ from the stock walnut/mink suede veldt shearling galway sold in the catalog?

9. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Which widths are availabe for MTO in the forest last?

10. Keen

Keen Senior member

My Galways finally arrived, so I picked them up friday.They are incredible and everything I expected. Thanks a ton to SkoAB :)
    Apologies for substandard iPhone pic. Will try to add some action shots tomorrow when I use them for the first time.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Very nice excellent choice.

Congrats.

12. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Enjoy those terrific Galways, Keen.

13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

14. Keen

Keen Senior member

Thank you kindly!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  15. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Too late to get on this?

16. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the feedback, it really warms my heart that you guys feel we're doing a great job. Nothing is more rewarding in this line of work than hearing about positive customer experiences.

Detroit is quite generous in fit, it was not actually an extra wide Detroit.

Carmina and Bonafe does not actually use shearling, they use fur.

Edward Green Galway is always just lined in the vamp (the area covering the foot) and not the shaft. The only part of the shaft that is lined is a small strip on the top of the shaft.

No, not specific for the 64, I would use the same trees as for 202.

I have not seen this version so I cannot comment. But I would think it's only the material that will be different.

Forest is available in three widths as MTO: E, EE and EEE. Please e-mail us for fitting advice on MTOs. sales@skoaktiebolaget.se

17. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Leaves, can Bonafe do something similar to this? I wanna do a MTO for this if possible

[​IMG]

18. pwhinson

pwhinson Well-Known Member

I am now waiting for my Carmina balmoral boots in cognac cordovan and am a bit giddy about this purchase from Skoaktiebolaget. Very helpful folks and as courteous and as they come. Now all I'm worried about is fit because looking at the steep climb up the tongue on the profile of these boots I'm hoping they don't require you have a high instep for them to fit properly. Hang tight and I'll know soon.

[​IMG]

19. ers04004

ers04004 Well-Known Member

has anyone picked up the jodhpurs? I dont have any experience with the simpson last or the deia so Im hoping someone has some insight on sizing

20. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Looking forward to that, nice kop :lurk: