1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Nope, sorry

2. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I considered where the shoes are coming from (I live in the US) and the fact you're getting a pair of shoes that arguably cannot be found stateside, the shipping cost became a non-factor for me. It's certainly worth the cost to play but it doesn't hurt asking if there was a coupon floating around [​IMG]

3. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Thanks for letting me know. I'll still likely end up ordering from Skoat based on all the positive testimonials.

4. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Also curious if I'm normally a 10UK across several Carmina lasts--how does the Deia fit? Love the jodphurs.

5. Keen

Keen Senior member

Wohoo, my Galway dark oak/mink suede finally made it to the store, after the initial pair didn't pass EG's QC. Picking up today or tomorrow.

6. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Glad you liked them!

Fits close to Simpson, maybe a hair wider.

7. Leaves

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Wow, two winners there. That’s as nice an austerity brogue as I have seen. And what a sweet makeup on the 80092.

9. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Second that. Particularly the EG, very sleek

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Very nice! I am particularly looking forward to some pics!

11. Keen

Keen Senior member

Will provide crappy iphone-photos ;)

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Works for me!

13. Leaves

Also forgot to mention, we now have Edward Green shoe trees in stock. These are not lasted, but adapted for specific lasts/widths and we stock two versions, one is for the 888/606 lasts and E/F width. The other is for 202/82 lasts and also E/F width. We can order the D/E width versions as well on request but because we do not stock any D-width models in our store we don't carry these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

Good news but are those typos. I was under impression that 888/82 last use the same shoes tress while 202/606 last use the same shoes trees? When I bought EG shoe trees I was told that the same shoes trees are the same for 888/82 lasts.

15. Leaves

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Leaves

This is actually correct DpprDr. A Veldt and storm welt cannot be combined. It took a while for Edward Green to confirm this. But I can now confirm that our Galway Veldtschoen in Rosewood CC and shearling lining will be without a storm welt for the simple reason that the Veldtschoen construction simply does not allow for it.

17. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

This means it would not prevent water filling your box in a stormy and rainy day?

18. Leaves

No, it means that the storm welt is obsolete because the veldtschoen is constructed to be water resistant. The veldtschoen is supposed to be even more water resistant than a Goodyear welt with storm welt.

Veldtschoen
    [​IMG]

Goodyear
    [​IMG]

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Interesting...I always thought the shoe trees fit all lasts. Have I been mix and matching my 888 and 82 trees? I don't want to impose but if you (or any other member) get the chance, is it possible to take a picture of the 888/606 vs. 82/202 to see if there are any differences?

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade with my questions but I guess it's best to clear up any variables (I doubt this simple detail with the storm welt will be a dealbreaker).

Argh! My long lost Beaulieu! Double Argh!! My size is already gone?!? Who took it? :paranoia:

20. S K M

S K M Senior member

Just to contribute a bit to the confusion I can say that I have EG shoe trees stamped as 808 as well as 82. If you care, I can snap a photo of them side by side.