1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Curse my small feet (5.5 just in case)!! Some really nice shoes on sale

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

Hello Leaves, I'm looking at the Newbury in UK 10.5E. If I wear UK 11D in the 82 would the 10.5E work for me in the 890?

3. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Good sale but nothing left lol

4. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Could work yeah, but please email sales@skoaktiebolaget.se for all fitting advice.

5. laufer

laufer Senior member

I think this may be the last of Bonafe January orders

Claret Museum on 74945 last

[​IMG]

Vitello Elise on 946G last

[​IMG]

On also a pair of button boots in "stock colors" on 804 last you have already seen a few pages back.

2 people like this.
  6. Skell6009

Skell6009 Senior member

Beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  7. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

hey PSA Canadian gents.

Was wondering why my second order from Skoak was still at CanPost. Looks like they actually dinged me the FULL amount for duties this round plus HST[​IMG]
    Ouch on 2 prs, one for the wifey and me. Oh well, a least the savings from Skoak helped offset what it would have cost here.

Not sure if the've been cracking down overall, but when I used to order my bike parts from the UK, never got hit, maybe once out of 7-8 orders.
    1/2 for shoes now. We'll see how the next order goes.

cheers

8. cobashk

cobashk Well-Known Member

Excellent! Placed my order, thanks Leaves.

9. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Thanks! I just haven't had a chance to get on here to post my pic of it yet. I figured that some people would guess it was for me though just by the length compared to others on here and the different last.

10. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

I ordered a pair also. They are now stuck in US Customs purgatory in New Jersey. Second out of three shipments from Skoak to suffer this fate. Not Skoak's fault. Apparently US Customs gets confused by Swedish Krona. Seriously, they appear not to be able to handle that there are lots of Krona to a dollar and just assume that 1Kr equals $1. Thus they wanted money from me. When I pointed our that the value of the package was in the ballpark of $250, that was no longer an issue. The other problem is that the package is addressed to my place of employment, a large consumer electronics company. Apparently, we have an import database for Customs use and shoes are not in it. That also required some explaining. Why this only happened with the two pair of Carminas I ordered and not with the Edward Greens, I have no idea.

As of this writing, with these issues explained/resolved, the shoes still have not cleared customs. Our tax dollars at work.

11. ketot

ketot Member

Does anyone have any extra pics of the Carmina Museum Calf Adelaide? Keen to take a look at it in a different light / actually being worn

Cheers

12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

+ 1 & would love to know when the restock is coming in.

13. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

End of June/early July.

14. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I just received the Shanklins and they are superb!

What type of suede does EG uses? It feels different than the one Carmina uses.

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I don't know that it's a different type per say as much as it is a better quality just like their calf is also a better quality leather. It's one of those perks you get for spending more money.

16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

+1

17. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

My last order got hit, too. But the previous several orders did not. Can't say whether there has been a recent crackdown, but I'm still at around a 90% pass rate overall through Post and a 100% fail rate through couriers.

18. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

I'm wondering if it had to do with the order being 2 pairs? Last run was a single pr. We'll have to see in future orders as I've only used them twice so my sampling is small to say the least.

19. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

I hope not. There's still no word on mine but I did order at the last second.

20. ecwy

ecwy Senior member

Still waiting too