1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

My preference is exactly the opposite. I select post and don't even bother checking tracking. Package arrives 6-7 days after shipping pretty much every time. FedEx and UPS and the like can go stuff it as far as I am concerned. They screw up the customs process as often as not, then charge you a brokerage fee on top of it. No thank you.

2 people like this.
  2. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

my thoughts exactly Roger. as much as we complain about our CanPost system, I would choose them in a heart beat over the others. I check just for the fun of it.
    Ours isn't as up to to point as Sweden's though. They even had GPS and map coordinates of last location on my previous order.

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

We've done our best to honor you in a way that is befitting your good name. LOL

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yea......and it's totally unfounded, right???? ;)

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Thank you bud.

6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Thank you

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I mean...kind of? Did I threaten your wife? did I put a gun to your head? did I force you in any way to check the tracking info? I would say I offered a mere suggestion of the wondrous white box that would soon await you

8. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

turnt up it would be fox suede loafer + the braided boot

9. GuidoTheKillerPimp

GuidoTheKillerPimp Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this - you can pick up a suede Chelsea anytime. The braided Chelseas are far more unique and distinctive.

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yes. Yes. And yes.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

^ you guys need to get on TV or radio.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Should we start a shoe podcast? And do a rotating invite to different forum members?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I would listen. Just talk about shoes all day every day.

Honestly, you guys complain about the post office but at least they have offices everywhere so you can pick it up easily. UPS center is like 45 minutes away from me. Ridiculously painful. Who the heck is ever at home when a package arrives anyway?

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

@tifosi does have a very sexy voice

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Then I'd definitely listen.

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Face only radio could love though :)

17. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

18. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

EG whole cuts went on sale? Totally didn't know... Would have picked a pair up...argh

19. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

The post office is the worst when it comes to shipping. They have misdirected packages in the past to Atlanta and once to Colorado?? It took forever to get them delivered, and their tracking is useless. The package that was diverted to CO went off the radar for 1 week then appeared in CO, then went off the radar again for another 6 days before it mysteriously appeared at my sorting center. FedEx tracks a package every step of the way, and can locate the exact location of every package.

However, I will add that they are not as bad as DHL. I would choose the Post Office before DHL.

I have my packages delivered to my office, where our receptionist is always waiting to receive.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  20. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys,

FEDEX and UPS have nice little feature where you can re-route the package and hold it at one of their locations for pickup. You can signup on their web sites or download their apps.

I have not had a problems with USPS, tracking leaves a lot to be desired but USPS local office is just one block away from me so it's easy for me to pickup the package.