1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

How is it out of their hands? I assume without some action on someone's part, these packages will just sit in a customs warehouse in Newark until returned to the shipper.

I don't get it. I've had I don't know how many overseas shipments via FedEx, including maybe 25 packages from Proper Cloth shipped out of Malaysia that clear customs without incident and are delivered on time. And then maybe a small handful, including this present shipment, that hit a snag. One has to assume that the problem lies with the customs paperwork, no?

They're just shoes. They were scheduled to be delivered Monday. I don't particularly care if they get here Monday or a week from Monday, as long as they get here. It's the opaqueness of the problem that bothers me.

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Lol. So call customs. Skoak doesn't control them. Call customs and see what's up. Tell us what they say haha.

Or just calm down

3. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Thank you for your concern. I am perfectly calm.

4. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

I also had an order from Skoak shipped via Fed-Ex yesterday, and it's expected delivery is Monday. Skoak's shipping info states 2-3 business days for expedited shipping. However, Fed-Ex did contact me yesterday to get some information on the incoming shipment (wanted to know what the shoes were made of). My FedEx tracker says my package was released from customs earlier today, and I expect them Monday morning for delivery.

5. NewStart

NewStart Senior member

I guess his concern is this line
    [​IMG]

I haven't experienced this before, but i think the suggestions above make sense, call customs to understand what the issue is and ask skoak to help if needed.

6. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Interesting. According to FedEx, the package contains electronics and thus has an invalid part number in the shipper's database. So I told them the package contains a pair of shoes.

"No electronics?"

No

"Just a pair of shoes?"

Yes.

So FedEx is gonna look into it.

7. lartiste

lartiste Senior member

Many thanks Leaves. The word rubber is proper term from my central european point of view. Don't be confused by native speakers. [​IMG]

8. lartiste

lartiste Senior member

Glencoe photo competition shall take place in October [​IMG].

9. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Very neighborly. And constructive.

10. heelguy

heelguy Senior member

It's a deal

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

as was your post.

12. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Guys, please note that there's a public holiday in Sweden today and we won't be able to respond to emails unless it's super urgent.

A note on FedEx: we fill out the paperwork very meticulously, but FedEx has a boner for trying to find this or that error in the paperwork, sometimes it's really frustrating. But we will always act on these small issues. So please be patient and it will all be sorted out.

13. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior member

Echo this. Fed ex twice did this to me on orders from skoak on minor paperwork issues. Both times Skoak rapidly resolved the issue. Nothing to worry about.

14. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

What the custom rate do you normally pay or get hit with when you choose fedex vs usps you pay 40$ out of skoak trying to see the price difference etc.

15. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Guessing the Kudu maybe all gone since this one is closed but the Glencoe is still live.

Couldn't help but show the picture again, wanted to make sure @rydenfan hadn't forgotten what they look like. LOL

16. armsignet

armsignet Senior member

This^^^. My last Skoak shipment was tied up at FedEx due to "customs" issues. FedEx sent me a form to fill out about shoe construction (huh?). I did, and sent back. Later that day, the shoes cleared customs.

The kicker was that the same form was already filled out in the shipping documents attached to the box. I think that the slow motion slapstick that is UPS delivery has caused FedEx to become lazy and complacent. Anyway, definitely not Skoak's fault.

17. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

8.5%

18. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

Of course shoes are a form of electronics. You put digits into them, after all.

19. Faster

Faster Senior member

Gave into Glencoe's, just love how these look and I look forward to see GG's construction on a proper boot.
    It will be a busy boot allotment this fall

20. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Good choice. The more I look at it the more I like the leather and color they choose.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015