• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not a battle of Dover vs Hove. It's the Struggle of Dover vs Isham. Dover has the heritage, Isham the lines. It's going to be a long and feisty battle the next centuries.

My personal preference:
Fabulous looking shoe indeed.

cezinho

Reaction score
Nice. Maybe I should get that too so we can match another day lol.

I may get that nutmeg dover. Really thinking hard about it...

You in?

Or maybe the halifax lol.

oh my , suede dover please.

NewYawker

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for my first EG:

I'm really loving this last. It fits snug but is not uncomfortable. Perfect amount of wiggle room in the toes, length is spot on.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I'm really loving this last. It fits snug but is not uncomfortable. Perfect amount of wiggle room in the toes, length is spot on.
Congrats, NY. They look great!

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking good, once again Excellent Choice!!!!

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post the other day. All this snow/cold weather makes the new Galways perfect. It gives my acorn Galways a break and I have my AS Hannovers (with commando soles) for the REALLY bad days; Columbia snow boots for the Day After Tomorrow times. Welcome to MI.
15951911183_dbfeb47de8.jpg

Last edited:

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I'm thinking hard about doing the Galway pre-order and have obtained sizing advice from Skoak. Can anyone here also tell me how you sized the EG 82 last in relation to G&G MH71 and Carmina Rain or Forest lasts? I measure US9D on Brannock and the G&G MH71 in 8.5E is a near perfect fit for me. Thanks!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking hard about doing the Galway pre-order and have obtained sizing advice from Skoak. Can anyone here also tell me how you sized the EG 82 last in relation to G&G MH71 and Carmina Rain or Forest lasts? I measure US9D on Brannock and the G&G MH71 in 8.5E is a near perfect fit for me. Thanks!

We are the same size MGD (9D on Brannock)! I take 8UK in Forest (superb fit) and ordered Doak/CC Galway on 82 last in 8.5E UK from our good friends at Skoak (tried it before ordering at local BB).

Carmina Rain in 8UK had some heel slippage and I decided to drop that last from my collection.

Don't forget, this IMO. Good luck.

Last edited:

Romans116

Reaction score
Are caramel suede shoes an acquired taste? I like some of the other suede shoes but can't get myself to like the caramel color!

Goodman

Reaction score

!'m a US 10 D on Brannock and I take a 9.5./10 in EG 82 - 9.5E G&G MH71 and UK9 Forest.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I wear a UK 9 in both my 82-last Galways and in Carmina Forest. I find the MH71 too narrow in a 9E - I need an F width. EG's E width is wider across the board than G&G's, IMO.

We are the same size MGD (9D on Brannock)! I take 8UK in Forest (superb fit) and ordered Doak/CC Galway on 82 last in 8.5E UK from our good friends at Skoak (tried it before ordering at local BB).

Carmina Rain in 8UK had some heel slippage and I decided to drop that last from my collection.

Don't forget, this IMO. Good luck.

I'm thinking hard about doing the Galway pre-order and have obtained sizing advice from Skoak. Can anyone here also tell me how you sized the EG 82 last in relation to G

!'m a US 10 D on Brannock and I take a 9.5./10 in EG 82 - 9.5E G&G MH71 and UK9 Forest.

Thanks you gentlemen, I appreciate the advice. Very helpful.

@Steel28 Gabriel was a little concerned that 8.5E might be a bit long for me, but based on your experience, it seems like it shouldn't be an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads