• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI I don't believe there really is green utah. I just made a photoshop based on leaves comments about Stevents love of green shoes.

And green and burgundy.

Green utah:

Debating a dover in this or navy utah. Maybe brown to be safe. But not supposed to buy any shoes this year

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curse you, @RogerP - you were the straw that broke my back. gonna order em.. Thanks for the quick reply, buddy

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The green Utah does not look all that green in the photos above. I am sure it is cool in person. Honestly, this style is pretty ubiquitous in brown, and green shoes seem to be your thing. I say get whatever you will wear or enjoy more.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The green Utah does not look all that green in the photos above. I am sure it is cool in person. Honestly, this style is pretty ubiquitous in brown, and green shoes seem to be your thing. I say get whatever you will wear or enjoy more.

Yeah it's a bit hard to photograph, in most lights it would be considered black or a dark brown

And leaning torwards navy at the moment as you said, pretty available in brown

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. I cant ever find the damn thing either. I tried to have them walk me through a permanent setting for it and they say it is there, but I cant ever get it to work. In any event, I just stopped using paypal. I have a no foreign transaction fee credit card and I use that one.

FYI had to be on computer and has to be a visa Mastercard.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for spear heading this. I heard end of Feb. But I could be wrong..

Yea I think dainite would go well, I don't know too much about the victory sole that comes standard but I'd be willing to try that out as I've had plenty of dainite before and sometimes those lugs can bother my foot.

Got another potentially interested person, so only two more to go.

We should try and get these before the price hikes from skoak, but I'm not exactly sure when those are.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have a king in Sweden, not a president. :)

And for those of you who have seen Kingsman, we all know what the royal family of Sweden likes! For those of you who haven't, see it; the film is fantastic.

Reaction score

Awesome. Thanks for spear heading this. I heard end of Feb. But I could be wrong..

Yep an email to them confirmed it would take place March 1st, but the biggest price increases would be for the British brands, not carmina or Enzo as much.

No problem! I'm pretty set in this style for a black grain leather so I'm hoping that we can find 6 people total otherwise I'm going to suck up the mto charge and go for it. But I think we will be alright.

Eyelet preferences? I'm thinking gunmetal or black.

Speed hooks? I say Yay.

Victory sole.

Inside lining? Haven't thought about this yet, I need to find out the options...

yanagi

Reaction score
I can't find that anywhere. I was just looking for it today.
With the deal I get from Skoak, I guess I shouldn't complain about $14 or so more dollars...
wink.gif

Agreed. I cant ever find the damn thing either. I tried to have them walk me through a permanent setting for it and they say it is there, but I cant ever get it to work. In any event, I just stopped using paypal. I have a no foreign transaction fee credit card and I use that one.

I dunno if Paypal's interface isn't standardized. Here's a step by step:

1. My default is always an eCheck from my checking account. You can see that PayPal lists their rate as 1 USD to 8.19 SEK, which is way, way, way below the current market rate of 1 to ~8.41.

2. I change payment methods from eCheck to credit card. Now you can see the "Other Conversion Options" below the conversion rate.

3. Pick the "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice" option. You won't see the exchange rate, but it'll be your bank's rate, and it'll almost always be better than Paypal's. In my experience, it was ~8.3 SEK to 1 USD.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gunmetal or black sounds good. GM sounds a bit better..
def speedys
victory
inside lining - something cool with a splash of color? anything other than brown would be great..

please keep me posted!

Yep an email to them confirmed it would take place March 1st, but the biggest price increases would be for the British brands, not carmina or Enzo as much.

No problem! I'm pretty set in this style for a black grain leather so I'm hoping that we can find 6 people total otherwise I'm going to suck up the mto charge and go for it. But I think we will be alright.

Eyelet preferences? I'm thinking gunmetal or black.

Speed hooks? I say Yay.

Victory sole.

Inside lining? Haven't thought about this yet, I need to find out the options...

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any interest in doing a EB black shell jumper? For those that opted out of the Frankenstitch because of the heavy stitching, this might be more suitable? At 7200SEK, it should only be ~100USD more expensive than an identical boot from Carmina, around 850USD, or 1100AUD, in my local currency.

Would be looking for something for winter, personally, so double danite soles, flat welt, top half speedhooks. Last is somewhat flexible, we'll have to do some research into what would suit.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any interest in doing a EB black shell jumper? For those that opted out of the Frankenstitch because of the heavy stitching, this might be more suitable? At 7200SEK, it should only be ~100USD more expensive than an identical boot from Carmina, around 850USD, or 1100AUD, in my local currency.

Would be looking for something for winter, personally, so double danite soles, flat welt, top half speedhooks. Last is somewhat flexible, we'll have to do some research into what would suit.

I'm interested.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^^ Bucking the trend of their huuuuuuge popularity, I'm not a big fan of Franken-stitches - just personal preference.  With shell, I like things as smooth as possible. Of course there is every possibility that I will be kicking myself when I see the final actual boot.

+1. It really doesn't work for me. With that said, I do want another pair of shell boots so I'm keeping my powder dry for the next shell offering

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads