1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

1 person likes this.
  2. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ Good grab Fred!

1 person likes this.
  3. yanagi

yanagi Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I do not have a pair. I have a variant on the 2102 last without the brogueing. It's a perf captoe balmoral.

5. eljimberino

eljimberino Senior member

The colours of these two look very similar, can anyone enlighten us on the difference?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'd almost think the colour was the same, no?

6. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Woot! Finally a EB shoe in my size (uk5.5)

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/uk-5-5/products/enzo-bonafe-etrusco-balmoral

Can anyone comment on the 946 last compared to Carmina? I've read numerous threads and see that the trend is to generally size the same as the rain last. My sizing, and comments, are below:

5.5 Rain oxford: fits good with a little heel slip. This would be a perfect fit if the heel was a tad more narrow and the instep a tad lower. I imagine the new rain "d" last would fit me perfectly if these are my complaints.
    5.5 Robert oxford: almost perfect fit - the width could be maybe a mm wider. Everything else is great. Fits the best of any Carmina oxford I've tried
    5.5 Soller jumper: should have sized down a half size just because it is wider than rain and the outsole appears to measure a mm or so longer than rain when comparing the same size
    5.5 Oscar jumper: good fit but hard to compare to an oxford
    6 Simpson oxford: a hair long but works because of the narrow width.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  7. laufer

laufer Senior member

Now this is how you ask fit question. This requires respond and I purposely quoting the question without spoiler so newbies could learn something.

I would recommend that you order 5.5 in Bonafe 946 last. Rain last fits me well but 946 last in the same size was just a tad bit narrow for me. I also have Soller last boots and I could not size down a half size. I took the some size as my rain last and it works form.
    Judging from what you said. I would recommend that you take the same size in 946 last as in your Rain lasted shoes.

8. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Thanks! Tried to be as detailed as possible because internet fitting is tough. I've had some terrible luck as of late as evidenced by my FS ads

The only reason I need to size down for soller is because the jumper I have is shell and there is just a tad toooooo much horse butt on the top of the toe box area. I feel like there would be one big/deep crease across that area because of the extra material. They actually fit quite nice if I wear a athletic sock under my dress sock. Sizing down a half size should provide a good fit without two socks. I have plenty of room in the front of my toes to size down so length will not be an issue.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  9. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Thanks all! Already got the shipping notification and they will be arriving on Friday. Carmina boots at sub-$300 was too good of a deal to pass up!

10. ecwy

ecwy Senior member

11. Stormerze

Stormerze New Member

Damn, I was just entering in my payment details and by the time I clicked checkout, the item was gone. :(

12. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

hey golfinz
    this from gabriel yesterday: we are all looking at these LOL

The 946 last fits quite similar to the Rain last in terms of ball width, instep and overall fit. We recommend to take the same size on those two lasts, if you feel that the Rain in UK 8 fits you well.

Kind regards,
    Gabriel Öberg Bustad

13. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Ya I actually spoke with Gabe this morning about the fit. I wanted to confirm with some members as well about their personal impressions.

14. TheAnswer

TheAnswer Member

Agreed! My credit card has been out for a couple of weeks just waiting to place my order!

15. wengxiah

wengxiah Active Member

Bonafe norvegese for about 370 usd, take advantage of it if you have uk
    5 6 feet :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  16. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@wengxiah

I hope you're not advertising yours for sale. Forbidden per forum rules.

17. wengxiah

wengxiah Active Member

It is on skoaktiebolaget's website, please ban me for that.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  18. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

According to USPS, today will be St. Crispins Day...

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

@wengxiah, could be the tone is lost in translation but @sacafotos was nice enough to warn you of SF rules. Bravado doesn't typically go well in this community.

Regardless, the PSA was helpful and I hope they sell the last of the stock. I would pick up one of them but I want to hold off until the next few months of life settles down.