• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jkater1

Reaction score

According to my conversation with @GabrielOB EG is changing Nevis pattern to include speed hooks now.

I.... I just placed an order for Nevis in brandy pin grain, I am so weaaaaaaaaaaak :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Did you have to get speed hooks? Also what last did you go with? I just emailed him that I was a go on a Nevis in Cloud that I've been going back and forth with him about. I really would prefer no speed hooks with exposed eyelets.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you have to get speed hooks? Also what last did you go with? I just emailed him that I was a go on a Nevis in Cloud that I've been going back and forth with him about. I really would prefer no speed hooks with exposed eyelets.

I requested speed hooks, I could live without them but if I can get I will take them, they are really convenient.

jkater1

Reaction score

I requested speed hooks, I could live without them but if I can get I will take them, they are really convenient.

I agree they are convenient, but I usually put shoes on in the morning and take off for the night when I get home, so the extra minute of lacing isn't a big deal. Most of my boots with speed hooks are Alden's and they eat laces fast. My Galway's have much thicker laces and seem to do good, I'd be afraid that I would burn through laces on a Nevis with speed hooks.

jkater1

Reaction score

Thorpe is just not that appealing to me.

x2, I used to want it really bad until I showed a picture of it to my wife and she said with the ankle stitching the way it is, it looks like they added a shaft to a shoe to make it into a boot. I can't get that out of my head now and prefer the Nevis.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thorpe is just not that appealing to me.

Understand

For some reason I find the Thorpe more appealing to me. In a way I think it's because I have a few Galways and for this boot I wanted something a bit different in regards to the design on the side of the boot.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Understand

For some reason I find the Thorpe more appealing to me. In a way I think it's because I have a few Galways and for this boot I wanted something a bit different in regards to the design on the side of the boot.

I too find the Thorpe more appealing than the Nevis. I had planned 2 Eg MTO's before the increase but now leaning towards 1 EG and 1 Thorpe

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

x2, I used to want it really bad until I showed a picture of it to my wife and she said with the ankle stitching the way it is, it looks like they added a shaft to a shoe to make it into a boot. I can't get that out of my head now and prefer the Nevis.

Does she know how much Thorpe cost? She might be biased :D

Just kidding, that is exactly the same reason I do not like Thorpe, I just do not like that swoosh around ankle.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Thorpe but I think it's too late... might be best for me and my wallet!

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too find the Thorpe more appealing than the Nevis. I had planned 2 Eg MTO's before the increase but now leaning towards 1 EG and 1 Thorpe

It's the design of the side of the boot, the Arran Country Grain, and the fit questions of the EG 606 that persuaded me to choose the Thorpe over the Nevis.

Last edited:

mcl911

Reaction score
G&G Gable
last:tg73
leather/ color: first to four (must be dark color)
oak bark sole
lining can be discuss
price:874usd
will order through skoaktiebolaget (deadline 25th feb)

Black on tg73

Racing Green on dg70

Navy (picture seems too light for navy) on tg73

Hopefully get this done before March( price increase 13-15% after February)

interested :mad:othertravel @Montecristo905 (black)
@nickrut @jrb666 (racing green)
@CommercialDoc (navy)

I will ask for detail after there is four people in any color

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What EG are you currently looking at by the way?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads