• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I tried it with a darker grey which might work but I felt it would not be optimal. At that point I'd just prefer dark brown suede. However, in a pinch you could swing a couple shades darker with the snuff suede shoes. Someone can feel free to disagree with me here.

Thanks Ironist. That is a nice pairing, really well matched. Not spoilered for ease of comparison with...

a picture I found, which I assume has a similar color scheme since it's listed as snuff suede Simpson last (from an former Epaulet employee)

Trousers to me here are dark mid-gray to light charcoal (I know I'm splitting hairs). It works ok, I think, just to put one bound. I would definitely not go darker.

Curious if other folks have opinions.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, after some soul searching, i think i am going all in this month and placing x3 Arran MTO orders with Skoak.

This would mean that i miss out on the GG Burnham GMTO deadline, and i will have to push my EG Shanklin MTO by a few months as well. But it would be silly for me to pass up saving $150 on each of these now, as opposed to placing the order after the price hike.

No better time to order your grail GG or EG shoes i figure, my wallet is going to hate me this month... :fu:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, after some soul searching, i think i am going all in this month and placing x3 Arran MTO orders with Skoak.

This would mean that i miss out on the GG Burnham GMTO deadline, and i will have to push my EG Shanklin MTO by a few months as well. But it would be silly for me to pass up saving $150 on each of these now, as opposed to placing the order after the price hike.

No better time to order your grail GG or EG shoes i figure, my wallet is going to hate me this month... :fu:

I feel so betrayed.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How exactly does this apply to things "in stock" but with a restock coming in? I inquired about the Carmina brown calf double monks on the Simpson last back in December and was put on the waitlist for my size. I was told they would be coming in this month. 

Is the scenario if they come in this week, I pay the current price, but if they come in after this week I pay the higher price?

Thanks!

We very rarely give exact dates for arrivals, we provide estimates. If a restock is late it's not much we can do about it as our estimates are based on preliminary delivery dates from Carmina. Hopefully the model you are waiting for will become available before the price increase, and then we will make it available in our web shop. If they do not, then yes you'd have to pay the higher price, which is about 3% higher than our current price (3% is the planned increase for Carmina and Bonafé).

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No better time to order your grail GG or EG shoes i figure, my wallet is going to hate me this month...
ffffuuuu.gif

what are the 3?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what are the 3?

I know the leathers will be dark brown hatch grain, burgundy highland grain, & back calf. Haven't made up my mind on the lasts though, but the rest of the details i have a good idea on. Should be amazing... :slayer:

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put in my Warwick order today. In for the Burnham as well. Thinking about adding a black Arran too...
(Picked up a pair of Bontoni derbies at lunch today ... My wife thinks I'm ill)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My last 2 CM shoe purchases (Carmina) have come from Skoak and even though I hardly wear a full suit I'm tempted to put in an EG order. :embar:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, we must be blowing up the Skoak inbox...! :bounce2:

They now have a very informative auto-reply email, informing you that they will get back to you soon, as well as all of the details for the end of month price hike... :)

Jacke

Reaction score
My last 2 CM shoe purchases (Carmina) have come from Skoak and even though I hardly wear a full suit I'm tempted to put in an EG order.
shog[1].gif

You don't have to wear a full suit to have awesome shoes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics