1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

Me too, thought StC was out of my range. Placed an order yesterday.

2. ino68

ino68 Senior member

I am debating between Gabriel's own StC makeup, or the GG St James, they're quite similar, but man, the StC just looks classier, and with better finishing!

@GabrielOB are the Vintage Chestnut St James still on track for April delivery?

3. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Those that are buying StCs what are you buying?

4. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We are still waiting for the G&G delivery but we have received confirmation that everything should be ready. If it does not arrive next week, it will most likely be the week after that.

5. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

StC come with trees with that helps.

7. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I don't think tht EG would notice much but GG is much smaller in scale and probably would notice. I would love no or at least lower MTO costs for GG!

8. striker

striker Senior member

The no MTO surcharge has certainly got me considering an MTO split-toe from Saint Crispin instead of the two English brands. I wonder how well they replicate that split toe.

9. dalevy

dalevy Senior member

Mod 633 looks pretty good to me. I'd probably go for that over the Dover, but that's just based on my preferences and usage.

10. anderz

anderz Senior member

I'm not Patrik but I'll bet he has other things on his mind than SF on his weekend in Paris :)
    I was told June when I inquired wo weeks ago.

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Here is an interesting question, can EG & GG sales at Skoak survive the newly added (and generously priced) St. C option...?

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Yes, because fit is king. I know that EG and G&G fit a low instep, slightly narrower than medium foot well. I don't know how St. Crispin's does.

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

The new kid will certainly garner a lot of attention initially, and some people maybe ready to make a switch from one brand to another brand for awhile.

But with all the shoes this crowd buys, I think they'll manage to coexist somehow.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  14. mw313

mw313 Senior member

i agree because most of us who buy EG and GG will at least try out St. C and then decide what works best for each type of shoe. I think that most of us will now just have more diversity of brands.

15. laufer

laufer Senior member

I will be on the sidelines for now. The price is very tempting but I have no experience with the fit and I am not in mood to go the same trial and error (very expensive) I went with the other brands.

16. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I know what you mean about the trial and error, but I can't even try to sell mine if they aren't that great because there is no one who can wear the same size as me. I just have to make small modifications to them.

I'm sure that you lost some funds on it but I hope that you were able to sell most of the shoes that didn't fit so well.

17. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

It's not only fit, but it's styles, it's opinions, its needs, it's dreams, and it's hopes and it's wishes boys and girls.

Great thing for us is, Skoaktiebolaget has enough diversity to cover a wide range of all this STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like Santa Claus, @Leaves has delivered Christmas early once again this year.[​IMG]

18. laufer

laufer Senior member

It is not just that doc, St.C personalized last is so affordable that I feel I would be shortchanging myself even if I purchased RTW that fits my feet.

19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

So will you be close enough to one of their Trunk Shows this year?

20. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I agree and all that matters is that Skoak has enough variety to cover almost any occasion that we need now. All they need to cover the really rustic or casual bulky stuff is Alden or Trickers. haha!