• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves how does the Carmina women's sizing work? My wife's a women's 8US and a women's 39 euro. How does that convert to women's UK sizing.

Thanks!

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but it is asking them to actually do less work (leave off the perfing step) not more, so maybe?
smile.gif

@Leaves , any chance of this? Or does any sort of pattern change just automatically get hit with the additional fee? (Or do they have an austerity brogue blucher?)
I just talked to Bonafé and it is possible to order a model similar to the 3577 Wingtip Derby we have in our store without any punching or medallion. This would not include any extra charge. However, they have a model designed like you request as well.

@Leaves how does the Carmina women's sizing work? My wife's a women's 8US and a women's 39 euro. How does that convert to women's UK sizing.

Thanks!
Please see this sizing chart from Carmina for their Women's collection:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just talked to Bonafé and it is possible to order a model similar to the 3577 Wingtip Derby we have in our store without any punching or medallion. This would not include any extra charge. However, they have a model designed like you request as well.

Great, thanks! Still pondering the exact makeup but it's great to know that's an option. The Carmina austerity bal restock has me second guessing it a bit, but I'm not sure I can wear the Simpson last. Consensus is to just go down .5 from US size in that last, right?

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a carmina GMTO: any interest in a wingtip on Simpson last?

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Thanks!

My GF normaly has euro 39 and Carmina 5.5 fits her well. She tried a couple during the Carmina trunk show at Skoaktiebolaget. She has 70C in C&J if that´s any help.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My GF normaly has euro 39 and Carmina 5.5 fits her well. She tried a couple during the Carmina trunk show at Skoaktiebolaget. She has 70C in C&J if that´s any help.

So now we need to get the women of our loves on board with some "real" shoes. One or Carmina and C&J so now EB, GG, and EG new to open that up.
Then we will he some true power couples in the shoe world.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So now we need to get the women of our loves on board with some "real" shoes. One or Carmina and C&J so now EB, GG, and EG new to open that up.

that is the last thing in the world my bank account needs

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a carmina GMTO: any interest in a wingtip on Simpson last?
I can't do Simpson. Just too narrow for me. I have one pair in suede that I have just managed to break in (and they are really comfortable), but the ones I've tried in calf just kill my feet. Plus I like the look of Rain better anyway.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that is the last thing in the world my bank account needs

Butte is a big benefit. The. We don't he to worry about explaining the high cost of our shoes all off the time because they can get one that costs a lot less once in a while.

Win win for me because I get easy gifts to buy and can then buy more for myself without hearing complaints.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves I had a recent email from Betty at Carmina stating that they don't make extended widths (like G or H UK). I remember reading somewhere that they will for MTOs on Rain or Inca lasts. Which is true, in your exoerience? I would definitely consider joining a Carmina GMTO if I could get an extra wide.

Thank you!

rc121

Reaction score

@Leaves I had a recent email from Betty at Carmina stating that they don't make extended widths (like G or H UK). I remember reading somewhere that they will for MTOs on Rain or Inca lasts. Which is true, in your exoerience? I would definitely consider joining a Carmina GMTO if I could get an extra wide.

Thank you!
I know they do have wide versions of Rain and I believe forest, but they are probably more equivalent to a US E. They don't have anything to would reach to G or H to my knowledge (when I asked about a year ago). It was also recently relayed that all pairs in a GMTO must be the same width, per Betty, which really lowers the possibility of getting 6 participants.

striker

Reaction score
Shelf space is a huge problem for me if she converts to this. As much as I'd like to support Skoak, I'd prefer if she kept with her Jimmy Choos and Louboutin. I once made the mistake of telling her that she shouldn't be paying so much for a few pieces of unsupportive straps and heels. She got some Uggs and my shoes lost their shelter.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shelf space is a huge problem for me if she converts to this. As much as I'd like to support Skoak, I'd prefer if she kept with her Jimmy Choos and Louboutin. I once made the mistake of telling her that she shouldn't be paying so much for a few pieces of unsupportive straps and heels. She got some Uggs and my shoes lost their shelter. 

I know what You mean but at least she would have well made and supportive shoes. Then she could get rid of the horrid uggs. Or tell her to keep them and the heels and then send her to me to fix her feet with surgery to pay for more of my EG,EB, and GG.

For that matter, tell all of your wives / significant others to keep up with the poor shoes and the. Send them over to me to fix. I'll make a fund to pay for my shoes and even set some aside for the SF fund for men who shop at Skoak and send surgeries to me. Haha

90shilling

Reaction score
Great, thanks! Still pondering the exact makeup but it's great to know that's an option. The Carmina austerity bal restock has me second guessing it a bit, but I'm not sure I can wear the Simpson last. Consensus is to just go down .5 from US size in that last, right?
That's what I did. I tried on a UK8.5 and UK9 (my US Brannock size is 9.5D) in the Carmina store in Madrid, and the only difference between the two sizes was width - the lengths were exactly the same. I ended up buying the UK9 and it fits great.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what I did. I tried on a UK8.5 and UK9 (my US Brannock size is 9.5D) in the Carmina store in Madrid, and the only difference between the two sizes was width - the lengths were exactly the same. I ended up buying the UK9 and it fits great. 

Thanks, I'm just a little nervous about the Simpson without trying it on. I'm going ahead with the Bonafe austerity blucher in bracken museum calf anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads