• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, Derwent in Olive is great, kinda want one but waiting on seeing how the green delapre makes up before next pair of EG. Do want a dover in rosewood first I think.

The bonafe green lama looks great in swatch but not sure if it would be too bright in person. If I break my no shoe ban for 2015 by end of January (pretty likely) I will probably order something like this - green / loden suede and shark contrasting toe / heel / lacing. Like you said, sizing is a bit tricky, I am going to sell lama boots I think, too tight for me

Someone said Green and it's almost like the Bat Signal went off. LOL

I like that bottom pair.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, and hopefully I got them right. I certainly didn't mean to step on @Ironist toes. It's just that I've looked at those makeups more than a few times myself.
well they matched up perfectly from those pics

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone said Green and it's almost like the Bat Signal went off. LOL

I like that bottom pair.

I like that pair too. The texture brings the adelaide to an entirely new level.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that pair too. The texture brings the adelaide to an entirely new level.
The color is a bit muted and not too bright which is very nice. I also tend to like shoes or boots which have more than just one texture and or color. It doesn't always have to grab you, it just has to be there.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Some more ideas for Enzo Bonafe MTO I am throwing around... I think suede enzo might be best value.

1. 3-eyelet Derby / Hidro Canapa Suede / 946 Last

2. Split Toe Derby / Hidro Walnut Suede / 363MOD Last

3. Jodhpur / Hidro Volpe with Brown Alligator Straps / 946 Last

4. Punched Captoe Balmoral Boot / Hidro Tabacco / 804 Last

Damn, damn, damn! Got overly excited reading the description ignored the fact these aren't EnZo. Would love #4 at not EG single mto price

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, and hopefully I got them right. I certainly didn't mean to step on @Ironist
 toes. It's just that I've looked at those makeups more than a few times myself.

No problem, for future reference, if anyone has any questions, please PM dddrees as he is screening them for me, thanks :laugh:

Damn, damn, damn! Got overly excited reading the description ignored the fact these aren't EnZo. Would love #4 at not EG single mto price

Lol, yeah. It is kind of messed up using photos of shoes costing 2x as much as examples for an MTO since they will never live up to the pictures. I just share the common aversion to spending a lot of money on suede shoes. Hopefully it's just a phase and I'll grow out of it.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problem, for future reference, if anyone has any questions, please PM dddrees as he is screening them for me, thanks
laugh.gif

Lol, yeah. It is kind of messed up using photos of shoes costing 2x as much as examples for an MTO since they will never live up to the pictures. I just share the common aversion to spending a lot of money on suede shoes. Hopefully it's just a phase and I'll grow out of it.

Well at least I'm not being shunned or banned.

I'm being included and overworked. LOL

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves does EG make an unlined chukka on the 82 last by chance?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@stevent,

Indeed I wish there was a real life picture of green llama or at least a better picture of that swatch. What size did you take in those llama chukka?
I am awaiting a confirmation from Skoak as to availability of Bonafe lasts in wide width. I do have problems fitting in 946 and 74945 but I think I would benefit from a wider width instead of going up a half size. I am willing to take a chance at least.

I almost forgot about that green delapre makeup. I think that will be one of the winning combinations of all time.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@stevent ,

Indeed I wish there was a real life picture of green llama or at least a better picture of that swatch. What size did you take in those llama chukka?
I am awaiting a confirmation from Skoak as to availability of Bonafe lasts in wide width. I do have problems fitting in 946 and 74945 but I think I would benefit from a wider width instead of going up a half size. I am willing to take a chance at least.

I almost forgot about that green delapre makeup. I think that will be one of the winning combinations of all time.
Laufer,

You say the 74945 last gives you problems - I'm curious, what size do you take in Carmina Rain and Forest if you have shoes in either of those lasts?

Thanks!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves does EG make an unlined chukka on the 82 last by chance?

At this moment no, not to my knowledge. You'd have to go the advanced MTO route (2240 SEK ex VAT) and order the Shanklin on the 82. It's only listed for the 202 under the standard offering.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi @Skoaktiebolaget or @Leaves I understand that Bonafe is on vacation but when they come back could you find out answers on following questions. I listed here on forum because I think other members might be interested.

1. Is there an extra charge for Millerighe rubber soles? Last time I ordered I believe there was an extra charge (around $30) for dainite soles.

2. Does Bonafe has a full sock liners similar to EG full sock liners? Most of Bonafe shoes come with a half a sock liners, I was wondering if Bonafe has a full sock liners. This could be potential solution for us who are in between a half sizes.

3. Bonafe has a two prices for a fur lining. Fur insoles and complete fur lining. Does complete fur lining includes a fur insoles and full shoe/boot fur lining?

4. Does 74945 last come in a different widths?

5. Are there names for Betis calf colors?

1. No extra charge.
2. Not to my knowledge, please email us and we can ask Bonafé.
3. Good queestion I'll ask @GabrielOB to check this.
4. We're still waiting for an answer from Bonafé regarding last widths.
5. See below. Note that Betis looks very different after they have been finished. It looks so different when finished that we have been reluctant to post them before. As an example, the derby shoes posted here is in Castagna Betis.

Castagna Betis

member2000r

Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

1. No extra charge.
2. Not to my knowledge, please email us and we can ask Bonafé.
3. Good queestion I'll ask @GabrielOB to check this.
4. We're still waiting for an answer from Bonafé regarding last widths.
5. See below. Note that Betis looks very different after they have been finished. It looks so different when finished that we have been reluctant to post them before. As an example, the derby shoes posted here is in Castagna Betis.

Castagna Betis
For our last round of Darth Vader MTO, is betis or vitello being used? I want a thicker & stronger calf.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At this moment no, not to my knowledge. You'd have to go the advanced MTO route (2240 SEK ex VAT) and order the Shanklin on the 82. It's only listed for the 202 under the standard offering.

That would still be an option for me, the price is still very good even with option 2. Now i just wait for that first EG to show up, to check size... :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads