• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh **** you done raised the bar :slayer:

Learned from you my man! Dont forget that you introduced me to shell and then you post insane boots on insta

Strong spending recently. How do you mto with Bontoni? Don't see a lot of them.

I know the owner and when he comes to SF I go see him.

A fantastic choice no doubt. Just one tip though. Not sure if you have any shade/color combination in mind so you may want to ask EB to take a picture of the shell first. Horween's light colored shells are notorious for the variations in shade.

Specifically for whiskey it ranges from very close to natural to dark whiskey (darker than saddle but lighter than cognac.) in any case it's better to check first!

I've almost gone bust twice trying to do a whiskey (one from GG and the other from Vass.)

I dont mind if its darker or lighter. Patina is always nice and I am understanding shades vary from batch to batch

How did you place the MTO with Bontoni? Retailer or direct? And did you see a catalog of current styles/swatches/lasts?

Wilkes Bashford in SF. Franco brings his newest collection and has created a perfect last for my foot so I choose what style/color I want. Hes asked for me to not put pictures up just yet so I have to respect it but I posted it and got a ton of interests.

Fabulous idea, I also can't wait to see the final result.

Thanks bro! Unfortunately EG doesnt work for me as it does for you so this is the next best thing!

ino68

Reaction score
The EB make up I'm debating, it's either this, the EG Shanklin, or nothing
nod[1].gif

Model 3635 (3643 is a more rakish version, but it might be one too many flourishes)
946 last, or whichever is the one in Stefan's picture below.
#8 Suede, Hidro Volpe
Tonal chained norvegese, with the outsole trimmed as close to the stitching as possible (is this possible? :))
Light brown edge treatment
Millerighe sole

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nod[1].gif

Model 3635 (3643 is a more rakish version, but it might be one too many flourishes)
946 last, or whichever is the one in Stefan's picture below.
#8 Suede, Hidro Volpe
Tonal chained norvegese, with the outsole trimmed as close to the stitching as possible (is this possible? :))
Light brown edge treatment
Millerighe sole

sounds like a good idea. I like the plan with keeping the outsole as close to the chain stitch as possible. It shouldn't be able to go right to the stitch but probably can get quite close. I would expect quite a bit more than the standard norvegese that is in the picture. Why not a leather sole and the Millerighe sole instead? Just to do something different?

ino68

Reaction score
Oh I just prefer not having to worry about leather soles on wet pavement, and the black rubber will add a bit of casualness.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you seen that sole in person yet? I haven't but it looks nice from the pictures. I keep certain shoes for when it is supposed to rain out so i never really worry about it. I have one or two "rain shoes" in each basic color.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learned from you my man! Dont forget that you introduced me to shell and then you post insane boots on insta
I know the owner and when he comes to SF I go see him.
I dont mind if its darker or lighter. Patina is always nice and I am understanding shades vary from batch to batch
Wilkes Bashford in SF. Franco brings his newest collection and has created a perfect last for my foot so I choose what style/color I want. Hes asked for me to not put pictures up just yet so I have to respect it but I posted it and got a ton of interests.
Thanks bro! Unfortunately EG doesnt work for me as it does for you so this is the next best thing!
Whatever works, besides that particular combo just happens to remind me of one of my favorite boots. It's not the exact same color, but it is calf and cordovan.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow so there may be a few of us sharing photos of similar shoes on here. So you were thinking 946 chukka with chain norvegese in museum? Which museum were you thinking? a dark one like plum or one of the lighter brown shades?

Was the one that Rider did from his own company or another company?

Don't mean to jump into a retailers thread, but since it has come up.....

It was a project I did with Borgioli, and have the same construction coming again from Sassetti in the Spring. The EB here is fantastic - very clean. I will say that Radica/Museum probably wouldn't work for Norvegese/Treccia construction, though...the leather is too thin (almost ladies weight) to handle the work. We even had to delay the current delivery for one Season because the Annonay calf was not sturdy enough (changed to an Italian calf) - and Radica doesn't have nearly the body that a typical French calf does. At least that would be my take.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nod%5B1%5D.gif
Model 3635 (3643 is a more rakish version, but it might be one too many flourishes) 946 last, or whichever is the one in Stefan's picture below. #8 Suede, Hidro Volpe Tonal chained norvegese, with the outsole trimmed as close to the stitching as possible (is this possible? :)) Light brown edge treatment Millerighe sole
That makeup looks amazing. Hmmm... @Leaves Any restock planned for EG Gold Delapre Alderleys? thanks

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to jump into a retailers thread, but since it has come up.....

It was a project I did with Borgioli, and have the same construction coming again from Sassetti in the Spring. The EB here is fantastic - very clean. I will say that Radica/Museum probably wouldn't work for Norvegese/Treccia construction, though...the leather is too thin (almost ladies weight) to handle the work. We even had to delay the current delivery for one Season because the Annonay calf was not sturdy enough (changed to an Italian calf) - and Radica doesn't have nearly the body that a typical French calf does. At least that would be my take.

Hey Ron! How have you been. It's Matt W the big narrow foot (14-15 extra extra narrow) who has spoken to you quite a bit over the phone, but never on SF.

Someone mentioned that they thought it was borgioli and thought that you were now doing something from Sassetti. How do you like working with Sassetti over Borgioli? Have you expanded the sizing and widths available for your shoes.

Wow is the Museum/Radica really that thin? Do you think it could work with a normal thinner stitched norvegese instead of the chain stitch?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That makeup looks amazing. Hmmm...

@Leaves

Any restock planned for EG Gold Delapre Alderleys?

thanks

those are amazing shoes. They are my favorite pair that I own so far! The Gold Delapre really feels special when wearing and just moving your hand across it. If they don't get any in you could always do a MTO on it and they even have other shades of the Delapre leather.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Oh my @tifosi
, did you hear what he called you?

lurker%5B1%5D.gif

Yup. That's why I unsubscribed to the thread and blocked Bakes....

You won't be having my enabling services in this thread any longer. LOL

:lurk:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For some inspiration regarding Enzo Bonafè MTOs check the hashtag #enzobonafe on Instagram, there are loads of Japanese dudes sporting great Bonafè styles. Bonafé is legendary over there. When Enzo went over there last time, people brought their kids to be photographed with him, crazy stuff!

agedashidofu

Reaction score

For some inspiration regarding Enzo Bonafè MTOs check the hashtag #enzobonafe on Instagram, there are loads of Japanese dudes sporting great Bonafè styles. Bonafé is legendary over there. When Enzo went over there last time, people brought their kids to be photographed with him, crazy stuff!

They're well represented @ Isetan and I can vouch for that.
Some of my favorites from the Instagram (@Leaves: Can you help to identify for me which last the loafer is on? Many thanks)

For the last pic, never mind the shoes. That's a great looking coat!!!

p.henrik

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been addressed before, but how is the fit of SkoABs stained trees for GG TG73?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads