1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

I think a few of us are awaiting some kind of real update. Hearing at the 11th hour that Horween just didn't have enough shell doesn't really tell us how much it's been delayed.

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Also curious about the finish on the hatchgrain chukkas, since I'm a Simpson last fan.

3. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

Good question. I was victimized by the bad leather on a pair of Chukkas from AS. The color came off when I polished the shoes.

4. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Yeah, not Skoaks fault, but still a bit disappointing on Carminas end given we heard the news when we should have been receiving the shoes...

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I'm sure that if the peeps at Skoak knew exactly how long it will be delayed, they'd be happy to tell you. I understand the frustration - I'd feel it too. I'm just not sure they can do more than tell you what they have been told.

6. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Bummed now, didn't even notice it was Simpson last. Unfortunately no dice for me now.

7. Barcelona

Barcelona Member

[​IMG]

Leaves or Gabriel,

A question about the new color of this shoe Carmina model 80249. Would you say that it is similar to the Edward Green Almond or Chestnut country calf? Or neither? I'm just trying to get a better feel for the color of this shoe, it can be tricky looking at the computer monitor. Thanks.[​IMG]

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ I can't answer your question, but I can say that on my monitor the colour looks gorgeous. From multiple purchases, I have found Skoak's photos to be very true renditions in terms of colour. In each instance I got exactly what I thought I was getting in terms of colour. But of course, I can't see what you are seeing on your monitor.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  9. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I'm also curious about the state of this Rain Dark Cognac Wingtip Boot group MTO.

Did we miss it or has the shell shortage held things up?

Would anyone be willing to go to a dark chromexcel as a substitute? (UniPair has a great example of what this would look like but I seem to recall their boot was on a leather sole. I'll have to confirm.)

Edit: I was wrong, their boot is a half-and-half sole.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

Not sure about dark cognac, but I was trying to get a MTO saddle shell wingtip boot together.

11. Noroi

Noroi Member

We had a number of people interested in a Rain dark cognac shell Wingtip boot, myself included - more than six people - but I haven't heard anything new in a while.

12. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

This is still a possible GMTO. I had backed off as NAMOR was trying to get a Rain lasted U-Cap boot going and he was the one who originally floated the idea the Rain lasted wingtip. If people are still interested in the rain last wingtip let me know.

13. calidist

calidist Senior member

I'm interested. Run down of the makeup again:

Shortwing open laced boot
    Rain Last
    Dark cognac shell cordovan
    4 eyelets & 3 speed hooks
    Double Dainite sole
    Closed welt

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  14. joiji

joiji Senior member

Just to clarify, you mean with a leather waist portion, as the Tomir/Commando soles from Carmina are made, or as a double Danite sole, with welt, then leather midsole, then Danite outsole?

15. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The Dainite is only made in one piece + heel. I interpret this as a Dainite sole with a midsole (5 mm or 4.5 mm) a.k.a 500 sole or 505 sole at Carmina.

I think stmaier's GMTO idea would easily get traction. I think we already had 6 ppl interested before.

16. gordon86

gordon86 Member

Bump

No interest ?

17. joiji

joiji Senior member

18. calidist

calidist Senior member

My terminology is far from precise. I prefer a double sole, so in that a dainite is the equivalent of a single sole, I like it attached to a leather midsole so it effectively is a double sole. Does that make sense?

19. joiji

joiji Senior member

20. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

Roger, with all due respect, I would be happy to be told something. I find it a bit irksome that in the last week, 3 of us have posted questions asking for updates and the only posts/responses from Skoak relate to new stock they have in or in the assistance of promoting a new GMTO. I tend to feel if you've put a half-deposit on an order in advance, you're 'somewhat' entitled to updates when you ask for them.