• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Midnight Blue Calf and Navy Suede works well with jeans also.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That boot on Dainite is close to the perfect boot in terms of style and versatility.

Yep

Both of my Galways on the 82 Last are on the Dainite sole.

The Galway in Zug like @rydenfan is on the 64 Last on the Ridgeway sole. The 64 Last is a more true country boot.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys for stoking the Galway itch. My first leaning is something more along the lines of the 64 last. The 82 last is very definitely a very classic shape.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks, guys for stoking the Galway itch. My first leaning is something more along the lines of the 64 last. The 82 last is very definitely a very classic shape.

Something is country calf on the 64 would be perfect for you. Rosewood is the most readily available version but don't hesitate to MTO exactly what you want through Skoak. Outside of the wait times, it's a pain-free experience

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something is country calf on the 64 would be perfect for you. Rosewood is the most readily available version but don't hesitate to MTO exactly what you want through Skoak. Outside of the wait times, it's a pain-free experience

The wait time is what it is, but then again your getting exactly what you want. So for me it's worth it, and besides your getting something that should last for a good long time.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The wait time is what it is, but then again your getting exactly what you want. So for me it's worth it, and besides your getting something that should last for a good long time.

You forgot the no.1 reason IMO. Time to replenish funds

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any plans for a re-run of the previous boot?

I'm sure something could be arranged...

Absolutely, next fall/winter season for sure.

Speaking of your photos (which I btw think are very good quality) I can't help think there's always a photo of the shoe from above missing, where one can see the silhouette of the last. While not the most sexy of perspectives it's nevertheless the perspective you will see ones you start wearing them. But that's just a suggestion :)

Will see what I can do. We are hoping to actually build our own small studio nearby the shop, we'll have some more freedom and time to set up everything as we want then.

Thank you my good man, very kind of you.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Totally forgot to tell you guys about our new Carmina Fur Lined Tärnsjö Jumper. But I hope most of you guys are already aware of this style, if you follow our Facebook or Instagram. Still a few sizes left.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads