1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

They are aesthetically exactly what I wanted. I was afraid they would be too dark but the shade, texture, and brogueing is perfect.

2. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Nice, when they said the color was like coffee suede I thought they would be like carmina Snuff Suede. These don't look like Snuff Suede at all.Might get that color with a medallion. Thanks for posting!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Perfect indeed - you won't get any argument from me on that score.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Anyone have any pics of the G&G Oak Hatch Grain Hove IRL?

6. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Yup I think I posted in the Gg thread and you can check my Instagram link. On phone at work Otherwise I'd post directly.

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

found it thanks.
    thanks, looks good!

9. dudelove

dudelove Active Member

I need some sizing advice for Bonafe. I'm planning on getting an Austerity boot on the 773 last, which I'm told fits similar to the 946, which is identical to the Rain last.

Currently I only own Aldens, which I'm 8.5US on the Barrie. It fits well for my shell boots, but could probably fit into 8US for normal shoes.

Unfortunately I don't own any Carminas at the moment. I have an MTO Simpson last derby that is due to be delivered next month (I can't change the size anymore) in 7.5UK. I couldn't get hold of a 7.5 in the rain last to try, but 8 had too much heel slippage but the toe box wasn't too snug. I fear that I may have sized the Simpson pair wrongly. My feet may not be right for the Simpson.

My question is, would it be more prudent to just size up to an 8UK in the 773, and deal with the heel slippage by lacing it up tighter, wearing thicker socks, since it is a boot. Rather than risk wearing a snug boot, that may hurt after long wears?

10. badsha

badsha Senior member

773 was not known to Skoak until recently. I think Leffot's Button Boot is on the 773 last.

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Deets on my Bonafe MTO.

I figured the combination of the good exchange rate and the waiver of the 15% MTO fee made this a "do it now" proposition.

Instead of a staple like a suede chukka, I decided to use the MTO opportunity to get something I have wanted for a while but struggle to find available in RTW offerings: a blue balmoral boot.

I get so much wear out of my two pairs of blue dress shoes, that a blue bal boot would be a useful addition to the rotation. The starting point is this same model Bonafe boot that Watchman chose: [​IMG]

And the goal is to get something along the lines of these EG Shannons:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    And to that end, I selected #11. Vitello Bleu for the upper, with a request for heavy antiquing:

[​IMG]

And #15 Hidro Oceano (suede) for the shaft:

[​IMG]
    4 speed hooks to replace the topmost visible eyelets, double leather sole with metal toe taps and a "Derby" medallion round out the trim details. Boots will be built on the 363 Mod last.

Had to restrain myself to order one pair only, as there is a second design really calling my name.

2 people like this.
  12. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Correct, can't really comment on this last.

13. laufer

laufer Senior member

Wow, I am eagerly awaiting to see how these turn out. I am planning something similar but next year. I would like to get Galway but I do not know yet if 82 last on F width fits me.If it turns out that it does not, Bonafe will be alternative. I am especially interested in what this vitello bleu looks with the heavy antiquing.

Cheers Roger

1 person likes this.
  14. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Leaves or Gabriel,

Can either of you compare Carmina's loden suede to EB's loden suede? To me the EB loden looks a touch darker. Is that accurate?

15. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Very cool! Is there a list of Bonafe shoe/boot styles anywhere so we know what we can pick from for an MTO?

1 person likes this.
  16. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ It takes a bit of looking to find Bonafe examples. Beyond the Skoak web site , search this site and do a broader web search as well.

17. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That's definitely my impression from the pics I have seen, but I have not seen the EB loden in person.

18. badsha

badsha Senior member

Leaves/Gabriel what is the difference between the grain leathers? Inca Grain vs. Scozia Grain?

19. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

That Hidro Oceano is so awesome. I was trying to think of some way to incorporate it. I actually think an oxford or boot with that suede and a medium brown calf would be amazing too. Great choice!

1 person likes this.
  20. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Inca is slightly softer than Scozia with a look similar to hatch grain and Scozia is more similar to EG country calf leathers.