1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

@Leaves how does the Carmina women's sizing work? My wife's a women's 8US and a women's 39 euro. How does that convert to women's UK sizing.

Thanks!

2. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I just talked to Bonafé and it is possible to order a model similar to the 3577 Wingtip Derby we have in our store without any punching or medallion. This would not include any extra charge. However, they have a model designed like you request as well.

Please see this sizing chart from Carmina for their Women's collection:
    [​IMG]

3. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Great, thanks! Still pondering the exact makeup but it's great to know that's an option. The Carmina austerity bal restock has me second guessing it a bit, but I'm not sure I can wear the Simpson last. Consensus is to just go down .5 from US size in that last, right?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

For a carmina GMTO: any interest in a wingtip on Simpson last?

5. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

My GF normaly has euro 39 and Carmina 5.5 fits her well. She tried a couple during the Carmina trunk show at Skoaktiebolaget. She has 70C in C&J if that´s any help.

6. mw313

mw313 Senior member

So now we need to get the women of our loves on board with some "real" shoes. One or Carmina and C&J so now EB, GG, and EG new to open that up.
    Then we will he some true power couples in the shoe world.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

that is the last thing in the world my bank account needs

1 person likes this.
  8. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

I can't do Simpson. Just too narrow for me. I have one pair in suede that I have just managed to break in (and they are really comfortable), but the ones I've tried in calf just kill my feet. Plus I like the look of Rain better anyway.

9. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Butte is a big benefit. The. We don't he to worry about explaining the high cost of our shoes all off the time because they can get one that costs a lot less once in a while.

Win win for me because I get easy gifts to buy and can then buy more for myself without hearing complaints.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

@Leaves I had a recent email from Betty at Carmina stating that they don't make extended widths (like G or H UK). I remember reading somewhere that they will for MTOs on Rain or Inca lasts. Which is true, in your exoerience? I would definitely consider joining a Carmina GMTO if I could get an extra wide.

Thank you!

11. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I know they do have wide versions of Rain and I believe forest, but they are probably more equivalent to a US E. They don't have anything to would reach to G or H to my knowledge (when I asked about a year ago). It was also recently relayed that all pairs in a GMTO must be the same width, per Betty, which really lowers the possibility of getting 6 participants.

12. striker

striker Senior member

Shelf space is a huge problem for me if she converts to this. As much as I'd like to support Skoak, I'd prefer if she kept with her Jimmy Choos and Louboutin. I once made the mistake of telling her that she shouldn't be paying so much for a few pieces of unsupportive straps and heels. She got some Uggs and my shoes lost their shelter.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  13. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I know what You mean but at least she would have well made and supportive shoes. Then she could get rid of the horrid uggs. Or tell her to keep them and the heels and then send her to me to fix her feet with surgery to pay for more of my EG,EB, and GG.

For that matter, tell all of your wives / significant others to keep up with the poor shoes and the. Send them over to me to fix. I'll make a fund to pay for my shoes and even set some aside for the SF fund for men who shop at Skoak and send surgeries to me. Haha

14. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

That's what I did. I tried on a UK8.5 and UK9 (my US Brannock size is 9.5D) in the Carmina store in Madrid, and the only difference between the two sizes was width - the lengths were exactly the same. I ended up buying the UK9 and it fits great.

15. Fred G. Unn

Thanks, I'm just a little nervous about the Simpson without trying it on. I'm going ahead with the Bonafe austerity blucher in bracken museum calf anyway.

16. thehaven22

thehaven22 Well-Known Member

Anyone else have fit advice for the Simpson last? I was going to order some double monks in 1 size below my US brannock sizing, which is what I have a derby on the Oscar last in.

17. Fred G. Unn

Any plans to expand the women's line further? I showed my wife the Carmina jodhpur boot and she wants it, but in black. Just wondering if you think that's something you might be offering in the future.

18. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

So for Bonafe 946, everyone is sizing down .5 from alden Barrie or AE 5 last? I wear a 10.5 in length on both of those, so I should probably go with a 10 UK right?

19. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

I went down a full size from Barrie (equivalent to my Rain and Forest size). Have to wait to let you know how they work as I just did an MTO beginning if the month.

20. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

For GMTO all pairs have to be the same width.

Forest E , EE , EEE
    Detroit E,EE,EE
    Rain D , EE, EEE

D- Very narrow
    E- Narrow
    EE- Normal /wide
    EEE- Very wide

For all specific fitting advise please email us. sales@skoab.se

We aim at stocking at least three styles every season, due to storage limitations we can't carry too many women's styles.