• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You couldn't possible do button boots with a suit could you? That's a deterrent for me

Of course you could, if it's black, or burgundy. I recently ordered a button boot in Black Calf and Lino Suede with horn buttons. I imagine it will look a lot like this when finished (but with a plain cap toe):

I plan to wear it with business suits almost exclusively.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hmm... Those black ones do look fancy...

Which G&G last is that last most similar to?

The Button Boot pictured with the peccary shaft is on the 2102B last. This last looks very close to the G&G MH71 last. But it fits closer to Carmina Rain. The Button Boot RogerP is organizing a GMTO for is on the 74945 last. I'd recommend you wear a UK 11.5 in this last, you being the same size as me. The 74945 is a great looking last. It's chiseled but has a round toe. Quite conservative but with an edge.

74945 last:

Last edited:

armsignet

Reaction score
Polling interest on a Gaziano and Girling GMTO: Gable in Deco black calf on MH71 standard width.

At first glance these shoes are a staid, captoe business workhorse, until you notice the v-cap and the stitching in lieu of broguing. An understated yet definitive alternative to the Adelaide style.

Deco black would have a blanched toe compared to "normal" black.

We have three on board, and we are looking for at least two more.

Be the envy of the office!

Gable_TG73_blackcalf.jpg

Black_Deco-Calf.jpg

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I apologize if this has been asked (quick search didn't turn anything up), but have those of you in the US been hit with customs duties?

Yes, I got an invoice from shipper for customs after delivery.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really in the market for a Chelsea...I do love that bracken color though. Would you consider Bonafe's jodhpur instead? The model Skoak stocks (http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-jodhpur-boot) is sex and I have my eye on that at the moment. Think that could be the **** in museum bracken.

I'd love to see a Chelsea in Bracken or Chestnut museum with a fatigue green or reddish brown elastic. I'd want the 2102B last, though.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I got an invoice from shipper for customs after delivery.

Really? You got an invoice from usps? Received invoices from everyone but the post office.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd love to see a Chelsea in Bracken or Chestnut museum with a fatigue green or reddish brown elastic. I'd want the 2102B last, though.

Well that is what @newyorker and I going for, 2102 last on Bracken museum but I am not sure about green elastic. Are you interested?

PS there is no 2102b last, the b was typing error, just 2102

NewYawker

Reaction score

Well that is what @newyorker and I going for, 2102 last on Bracken museum but I am not sure about green elastic. Are you interested?

PS there is no 2102b last, the b was typing error, just 2102

I don't think I would be in for the green elastic. Reddish brown sounds like it would match up nicely. As for last I only have one pair of bonafe shoes so I am ok with whatever the suggestion is. I have pretty average feet.

Xancatrius

Reaction score
Hey @Leaves , I was wondering, since I'm flat footed, which of the shoe brands have a rather good stiffener on the side of the shoes and a rather deep foot bed so I can take the insole out and stuff my insole in? Because if the foot bed is too shallow then when I put an orthopedic insole in, the instep rises so high I probably won't be able to tighten the laces properly and end up with a huge V, not to mention a whole lot of painful walking.

Thanks in advance!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would be in for the green elastic. Reddish brown sounds like it would match up nicely. As for last I only have one pair of bonafe shoes so I am ok with whatever the suggestion is. I have pretty average feet.

I'm intrigued.

Sole options: Millerghime sole like on the current Jodhpur boot? Sleek and still rubber for grip. Could even do single Dainite.

Let me think about this. I wasn't planning on a Chelsea, but with two pairs or Bonafè, I'm now a fan.

Anyone game for a Norvegese wholecut on the 946 like the shoe on the left, but in a chestnut or gold museum calf:

EDIT:

@laufer @MRMstl

Have you guys seen Carmina's Jodhpur, with the buckle down by the ankle? I think that looks slightly better, as the buckle would be visible below the cuff.

Last edited:

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Button Boot pictured with the peccary shaft is on the 2102B last. This last looks very close to the G&G MH71 last. But it fits closer to Carmina Rain. The Button Boot RogerP is organizing a GMTO for is on the 74945 last. I'd recommend you wear a UK 11.5 in this last, you being the same size as me. The 74945 is a great looking last. It's chiseled but has a round toe. Quite conservative but with an edge.

74945 last:

Any chance the other two would switch to the mh71 like last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads