• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both are my size but I cannot decide between Malvern and Beaulieu. And no, buying both is not an option...

Beaulieu would be my choice, such a great shoe in that color

Beaulieu should be an instakop at that price, if this is your size

As a person who purchased the Beaulieu from SkoAB, I would agree the Beaulieu would be my preference. There are many styles of dark brown wingtips, with EG, or other makers. The Malvern is more traditional though so if you're still building up your shoe rotation, then maybe for now, the Malverns are more practical.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Both are my size but I cannot decide between Malvern and Beaulieu. And no, buying both is not an option...

For me, if they were my size, I would have picked up the Beaulieu and phased out an older burgundy Oxford in my collection.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me, if they were my size, I would have picked up the Beaulieu and phased out an older burgundy Oxford in my collection.

And he hath spoken! Now you must follow thy heed!

Okay, I'm going back to work. :)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Beaulieu ordered as demanded, @tifosi

I wouldn't say demanded..... haha

If you're serious...Congrats! I would like that shoe at some point. As soon as I stop buying every Dover in sight.

anderz

Reaction score
I should probably put a smiley in there somewhere :)
The orders in so thanks! A have a pair of Dovers and feel I need a pair if Galways before I commit to more Dovers. But I know skomager Dagestad here in Norway has Dovers i Doak on the 202 coming next spring :|

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the Inverness just received I probably would have gone with the Malvern hadn't it been in my size.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be in for that bal boot with the burgundy suede shaft @RogerP so long as it's on single Dainite for sleekness.

And that 2102B last is gorgeous. Is the instep that much higher than the 946 (which is perfect for me) ? @Leaves

I'd probably order that Bonafè cap toe in an Adelaide style and different leather. It's a great silhouette.

@buckeye00

Congrats! I regret not snagging one in 7.5. I wanted to replace my alden grain NST and couldn't decide.

Last edited:

MRMstl

Reaction score
I should probably put a smiley in there somewhere
smile.gif

The orders in so thanks! A have a pair of Dovers and feel I need a pair if Galways before I commit to more Dovers. But I know skomager Dagestad here in Norway has Dovers i Doak on the 202 coming next spring :|

My wallet thanks you for your prompt action.
biggrin.gif

Another 15 minutes and $700 would have disappeared...poof!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those this morning and used every ounce of restraint not to order.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves-
I thought you were going to treat us to a host of pictures of the brandy willow calf Dovers today. Looking forward to seeing them when they become available. Thank you.

Dieg0

Reaction score
I would like to propose the following GMTO for a CARMINA Balmoral Boot in the same style as below, but with BURGUNDY CALF and Midnight Blue CALF.
(So NO suede).

There are two models: the new

and the old

Last: Robert

Sole: rubber (single dainite seems to be the consensus)

Model: to be decided
Option 1: classical but without the cap-toe and with medallion.
Option 2: New style with the upper part of the shaft coming lower as in

Leather: upper part in Burgundy (calf) and lower in Blue (calf) or the other way around?

Lining: Purple??

Need to be confirmed by SkoAB what the possibilities are.
@Leaves

Persons interested

@lovingcup
@MRMstl
@RogerP
@Dieg0

People hesitating (could you please be so kind to confirm your interest or not?

@MGD83
@sacafotos

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics