• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in suede - only calf. I'd even do an austerity brogue similar to the burgundy bonafe that ran about a month ago in a brown calf.

Definitely I'd be down for an adelaide or an austerity though. Just not suede, as I'm good for suedes at this time.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not interested in suede - only calf. I'd even do an austerity brogue similar to the burgundy bonafe that ran about a month ago in a brown calf.

Definitely I'd be down for an adelaide or an austerity though. Just not suede, as I'm good for suedes at this time.

Me and you are opposites for sure. I have too much calf. Could always use more cordovan and I dont have nearly enough basic suedes. I love the GG but I dont want to spend St James prices

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a great colour, I can't say I have one like that. Most of my suedes are either in the Carmina dark brown or the new tobacco shade. That bonafe wholecut almost strikes a perfect in-between.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is a great colour, I can't say I have one like that. Most of my suedes are either in the Carmina dark brown or the new tobacco shade. That bonafe wholecut almost strikes a perfect in-between.

I have dark brown from Carmina and the tobacco is too unreliable for what color it actually is. I love that color that Bonafe offers and if 2 others wanna join that would be dope!

Revilo

Reaction score
The suede is hidro volpe and the last is as you wrote 946! Suede is the same as the first chukka from EB that Skoab had in store!

vorkanz

Reaction score
Im planning for a pair EG Halifax on 606 last and with Haf sole. I was thinking about going for Doak but im open for sugestions if anyone is intressted in a gmto.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The single MTO surcharge for Bonafè is just 15%, for that model 630 SEK ex VAT, that's something like $85 USD with the dollar as strong as it is.
Wow! that is insanely reasonable. i really wish they had a catalog of models more easily accessible.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow! that is insanely reasonable. i really wish they had a catalog of models more easily accessible. 

This and I really wish their existing lasts fit me little better. I had no luck with 363 or 2102, some luck with 946.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves@Skoaktiebolaget, I know it's probably been referenced 100 times somewhere but what is the deal with the 2102 last and the 804? How do they fit in comparison with the 946? I've read that the 2102 fits similar to the 946, but that the instep is even higher and the toe box longer. And I've read very little about the beautiful 804 last.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Leaves@Skoaktiebolaget, I know it's probably been referenced 100 times somewhere but what is the deal with the 2102 last and the 804? How do they fit in comparison with the 946? I've read that the 2102 fits similar to the 946, but that the instep is even higher and the toe box longer. And I've read very little about the beautiful 804 last.

That has been my experience.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This and I really wish their existing lasts fit me little better. I had no luck with 363 or 2102, some luck with 946.

The 946 is the easiest of those to fit. It fits similar to Carmina Rain. But I have a new favorite Bonafé last and it's the 74945. It's chiseled but still has a rounded toe, it's one of the nicest Bonafé lasts style wise IMO. I actually did not have time to fit myself for it until today. We made up this Balmoral boot in it, and I find it fits me very well. I wear a UK 11.5 in 74945. For reference, this is my sizing chart.

Carmina
Carmina Rain: UK 11 - very good fit, the best of all the Carmina lasts for me
Carmina Soller: UK 11 - slight heel slippage
Carmina Detroit: UK 11
Carmina Forest: UK 11.5 - good fit although the instep could be a little roomier for a great fit
Carmina Simpson: Could probably squeeze into a UK 11.5 or UK 12 but in all honesty, not a good last for me, I avoid it because of my wide-ish feet and high instep

Edward Green
184 - UK 11.5 E
202 - UK 11.5 F bordering on E
606 - UK 11.5 F bordering on E
82 - UK 11.5 F - perfect fit for me
888 - UK 11.5 F

Gaziano & Girling
KN14 - UK 11.5 F
MH71 - UK 11.5 F - my favorite G&G last both style wise and in fit
GG06 - UK 11.5 F
DG70- UK 11.5 F
TG73 - UK 12 F - not an optimal fit for me personally

Enzo Bonafé
Enzo Bonafé 74945: UK 11.5 (fits me similar to Forest but with some more room over the instep)
Enzo Bonafé 363: UK 11.5 (heel slippage, not an optimal last for me)
Enzo Bonafé 363MOD: UK 11.5 (better than the normal 363 last but still some minor heel slippage, although no heel slippage if it's a high boot like a button boot or a bal boot)
Enzo Bonafé 2102B: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 946: UK 11
Enzo Bonafé 804: have not been fitted

The 74945 up close and personal:

edit: typo

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads