• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Thanks for asking, this has been asked before but I'm not sure I've clarified. Pre-orders are 25%. GMTOs are 50%.

The difference between pre-orders and GMTOs is that a pre-order is for a model we have already decided to stock, and may even have incoming stock of, and a GMTO is a member driven project.

The Willow I would have stocked. The CC Dover, that is correct, it should have been 50% but because of an internal miss in communication we said 25% at first and so we rolled with it.

OK that makes sense, except I paid 50% up front for my stock Galway Pre-order...haha! Not that it matters, now, but for the future I'd like to have it straightened out.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK that makes sense, except I paid 50% up front for my stock Galway Pre-order...haha! Not that it matters, now, but for the future I'd like to have it straightened out.

I think it has to be an official pre-order link on the skoaktiebolaget page and not a single MTO of a stock item, only edward green, and be a stock item or a future stock item. Also, I think if you pre-ordered something that's on the way in lieu of staying on the waiting list you pay either 50% or 100% since I did that for the Hove (but that may be because it's GG).Think that's all the rules lol.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I think it has to be an official pre-order link on the skoaktiebolaget page and not a single MTO of a stock item, only edward green, and be a stock item or a future stock item. Think that's all the rules lol.

Ahhhhhh. I see. I think I'm still confused, but @Leaves, just tell me what to pay and I'll pay it, haha.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well, we're always clear about the percentage up front anyways, but I'll try to be more consistent in the future.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, also, since the exchange rate is so low right now it might make more sense to pay more because you don't know what it will be 6 months from now.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Well, we're always clear about the percentage up front anyways, but I'll try to be more consistent in the future.

This is true. No worries. Just making conversation.

Speaking of my stock Galway pre-order... Is Sept. still looking like the delivery timeframe? Early? Mid? Late?

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great enzo bonafe makeup from sko

All Tatters

Reaction score
Somehow that doesn't look like a Bonafé at all, very classic and not as roomy as they normally seem to be.

804 last?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Nevis MTO Rosewood CC only needs one more.

Model : Nevis
Last : 606 E Width
Leather : Country Calf
Soles : Dainite with storm welt.
Eyelets : Hidden eyelets.
Lining: Forest Green

Rosewood CC
@dddrees
@cwh812 (Willing to be the sixth if need be)
@mrbrioni
@Ironist
@anderz *Ready to commit on the Rosewood choice

Almond CC

@rydenfan
@anderz first choice
@CFML

Mahogany CC
Payment link on Skoaktiebolaget

We're getting close but remember we need 6 people to complete an MTO. So put in your vote now

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edward Green Nevis GMTO is taking off! This is the pre-order link for the version in Mahogany. We're still hoping to get the Rosewodd and Almond into production too.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/50-gmto-deposit-eg-nevis-in-mahogany-cc

• Model: Edward Green Nevis
  • Color: Mahogany Country Calf, Forest Green lining
  • Last: 606 last - E fitting (for other widths, please make a note for your order)
  • Sole: Dainite with Storm Welt
  • Price ex VAT, outside the EU: 8160 SEK
  • Price incl. VAT, within EU: 10200 SEK
  • EG trees: 720 SEK / 900 inc. VAT
  • Deposit: 50% GMTO deposit, 50% before delivery

I changed the lining to Forest Green, I hope this ok with everyone. This will be a much more subtle make up, some people expressed a concern about the bright green lining.

Wow this is a great looking boot! Out of interest, what is the darkest (brown) county calf available from EG? If it's walnut, would you consider offering a Nevis MTO in walnut CC in the near future? Maybe with Dainite and a notched storm welt? :drool:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]

Wow this is a great looking boot! Out of interest, what is the darkest (brown) county calf available from EG? If it's walnut, would you consider offering a Nevis MTO in walnut CC in the near future? Maybe with Dainite and a notched storm welt? :drool:

Yes. Walnut is the darkest brown.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]

I wouldn't hold your breath for 5 more. You should hop on one of these while the getting is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads