• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

About 4 months. 5-6 for Dover, Nevis and other hand sewn models.

I hate the extra wait, but I think it's kinda cool that the lead time is that much longer for the handsewn models. Makes me feel like I'm getting something extra special!

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recieved my first pair of shoes from these guys, thankyou very much. The Carmina Cognac PTB's. They're by far the nicest shoe I own.

I just get a little bit of heel slip, not so much that they come out of the shoe, but it is annoying, am I expecting this to go away after I've worn them in?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recieved my first pair of shoes from these guys, thankyou very much. The Carmina Cognac PTB's. They're by far the nicest shoe I own.

I just get a little bit of heel slip, not so much that they come out of the shoe, but it is annoying, am I expecting this to go away after I've worn them in?

Probably. Double Dainites are often hard in the beginning, and when they soften it should get better.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Green Brandy Willow Calf Pre-Order

This will be a very limited run, we only have enough Brandy Willow to make up 10 pairs in total and some of these are already spoken for for various Single MTO projects. So we're looking at a small run of 6-8 pairs. First come, first serve! Please e-mail [email protected] to sign up. If you wish to book a slot for a single MTO Brandy Willow, you also need to contact us ASAP, we will only allow a maximum of 4 Brandy Willow MTOs. Thanks!

Willow Calf is original Ilcea leather (from the tannery in Turin). This tannery has shut down now but the Ilcea name has been bought out by someone else. It’s ilcea who made the Heather Gorse/Zug. Edward Green will not buy Willow Grain again, according to my source at EG. The Dover was one of the models that were made up in Willow originally (do not know how long ago this was though).

The make up will be this:
  • Model: Edward Green Dover
  • Color: Brandy Willow Calf
  • Last: 202 last - E fitting (might be an opening for 2-3 pairs in other widths)
  • Sole: H/A (double leather sole)
  • Price ex VAT, outside the EU: 7280 SEK
  • Price incl. VAT, within EU: 9100 SEK
  • EG trees: 720 SEK / 900 inc. VAT
  • Deposit: 25% pre-order deposit, 75% before delivery

This is a Brandy Willow Dover on the 606:

Please note that all the Brown Willow (5 pairs) have been spoken for. Thanks to @tifosi and the other members who pushed us to do a GMTO for this.

Not to take away any exclusivity, but the tannery group Vecchia Toscana who bought Ilcea's bankrupt's estate didn't just buy the name, they bought the whole factory and all recipes, and has continued with mainly the same staff. So the Turin tannery Ilcea do still exist, just with new owner.

However they have slimmed their offerings, and don't sell Willow grain now (at least not ATM), so these EG-pairs still will be very rare. And it's a bloody gorgeous leather!

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe laufer is trying to get a Falkirk together.

I wish i could support someone's GMTO, but my wide feet make me a spectator, until there are 6 already onboard...

Indeed I am trying to get GMTO for Falkirk with following specs

Last: 202
Color : chestnut calf leather with extra burnishing.
Soles : HAF soles

If I cannot muster 6 people I will go on my own. I am surprised there is no more interest for this. Falkirk is unique shoe.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that there is not much interest in anything but boots and Dovers really.

Personally, i was having a little trouble finding some other EG styles that i really liked, but i didn't know it was mutual for other people. Aside from the Harrogate, Westminster, & Silverstone, i am not really feeling any other EG models. I might have to give in and do a Dover GMTO one of these days, but i'll wait until we get something like a Utah dark oak Dover on the 606 last going... :nodding:

diglett

Reaction score
^ It's because it's boot season right around the corner. Even if we place orders now, we'll still miss out on all of Autumn for the new boots.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I'm surprised that there is not much interest in anything but boots and Dovers really.

Personally, i was having a little trouble finding some other EG styles that i really liked, but i didn't know it was mutual for other people. Aside from the Harrogate, Westminster, & Silverstone, i am not really feeling any other EG models. I might have to give in and do a Dover GMTO one of these days, but i'll wait until we get something like a Utah dark oak Dover on the 606 last going... :nodding:

The issue for me is that I really only buy derby shoes and boots. That only leaves me with so many EGs to buy. I do want an Ullswater and maybe one of their more plain derbys.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The issue for me is that I really only buy derby shoes and boots. That only leaves me with so many EGs to buy. I do want an Ullswater and maybe one of their more plain derbys.

What color?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel you, I too have no real need for oxfords right now, so I'm looking at only derbies, monks, & chukkas at the moment...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads