• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[*] Carmina model 80179 Derby Boot in hand finished Tärnsjö leather, fur lined, Soller last TBA

Indeed [@]leaves what kind and color is tarnsjo leather? I might be interested in switching my order from dark brown grain fur lined boots to this model.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Indeed [@]leaves what kind and color is tarnsjo leather? I might be interested in switching my order from dark brown grain fur lined boots to this model.

The Tärnsjö leather we have chosen is tanned, but it's finished at the Carmina factory to a mid brown color. This is a picture of the prototype (from our Instagram account skoaktiebolaget):

Please note that the GMTO i Grain/fur lined is rolling off the production line and we can not accept changes or cancellations of GMTOs. The reason for the delay is problems with the tannery providing grain to Carmina.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, that is a good news. I thought Carmina was still looking for grain leather.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

borbor

Reaction score
@Leaves how does the soller fit vs simpson / rain / robert?

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Leaves how does the soller fit vs simpson / rain / robert?
The Soller last is a generous fitting last. It is slightly roomier than the Rain last and more symmetrical in shape. It is also slightly elongated with a rounded, roomy toe box.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most customers take the same size in Soller as they do Rain? Or is it common to go down a half size?

stmaier

Reaction score
The Tärnsjö leather looks fantastic! Any chance of using it for a Jumper in a dark brown finish?

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do most customers take the same size in Soller as they do Rain? Or is it common to go down a half size?

Generally the same size. Same goes for the Detroit last. But as you can see by the statement above, it is possible to size down depending on the shape of your feet and preferred fit. However, this is not a general recommendation.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads