• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent!

In that case, would anyone be interested in a group MTO for a Bonafe balmoral boot in something like chestnut, with a punched captoe and no medallion?

Coud the balmoral in dark brown calf be intressted for you? and what sole are you thinking of for the boot?

Yes I would be more interested in dark brown/ brown suede combo.

mrbig

Reaction score
Probably should search this but...

Been outta the game for quite a while, just checking to see if there's interest for an MTO captoe oxford from Carmina? Perhaps a simple black with leather soles on the Rain last or something in burgundy-ish on the Simpson?

What's the whole process for group MTO's here?

rc121

Reaction score
They already stock a black captoe in several lasts, including rain, so I don't think there's much need for a gmto on one.

vorkanz

Reaction score
Yes I would be more interested in dark brown/ brown suede combo.

That sounds intreesting to, what sole do you have in mind for the boot? Im thinking double dainite with norvegese welting.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sounds intreesting to, what sole do you have in mind for the boot? Im thinking double dainite with norvegese welting.

I would go with regular soles or double soles. It is kind of a dressy boot.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would go with regular soles or double soles. It is kind of a dressy boot.

Agreed.

To my mind, a balmoral boot is quite a formal, dressy boot, so I'd prefer leather soles rather than rubber soles, and I'd prefer a regular welt for the same reasons, too.

I'd be happy to go for a darker shade of leather, similar to Edward Green's Edwardian Dark Oak, for example, but at least for this boot, I'd prefer that the whole boot be of calf leather rather than having a calf/suede combo.

vorkanz

Reaction score

Agreed.

To my mind, a balmoral boot is quite a formal, dressy boot, so I'd prefer leather soles rather than rubber soles, and I'd prefer a regular welt for the same reasons, too.

I'd be happy to go for a darker shade of leather, similar to Edward Green's Edwardian Dark Oak, for example, but at least for this boot, I'd prefer that the whole boot be of calf leather rather than having a calf/suede combo.

Whole boot in calf is fine for me, but i wont go for leather sole for a autum/winter boot, then il rather pay the 15% extra.

mrbig

Reaction score

They already stock a black captoe in several lasts, including rain, so I don't think there's much need for a gmto on one.

You'd think so, right? On their website there's actually no simple, un-punched captoe on the Rain or Simpson lasts. I was thinking perhaps there might be interest in a plain captoe with single leather soles, but if possible with a slightly higher, G&G-inspired heel.
I know Skoak has a rubber soled variant, but not everyone needs a rubber sole. Particularly when you're in Australia and it hardly rains...

simian

Reaction score
You'd think so, right? On their website there's actually no simple, un-punched captoe on the Rain or Simpson lasts. I was thinking perhaps there might be interest in a plain captoe with single leather soles, but if possible with a slightly higher, G&G-inspired heel.
I know Skoak has a rubber soled variant, but not everyone needs a rubber sole. Particularly when you're in Australia and it hardly rains...

A couple of weeks back, I bought exactly the shoes you described in Simpson Last. I bought them from Unipair. I know that Gentlemen's Footwear stocks a similar model. There could be others out there as well.

IIRC, the Carmina website also had something similar in their sale section - at least until about 10 days or so.

mrbig

Reaction score

A couple of weeks back, I bought exactly the shoes you described in Simpson Last. I bought them from Unipair. I know that Gentlemen's Footwear stocks a similar model. There could be others out there as well.

IIRC, the Carmina website also had something similar in their sale section - at least until about 10 days or so.

Yep, Unipair stocks a similar model, a french oxford (not sure that's the correct term, but the line that would normally come down around the waist and end just before the heel goes all the way round to the back). What I'm suggesting is a traditional cap oxford. I've enquired at GF. I was hoping to go through Skoak as they've been so conducive to MTOs, particularly on price & service to Australia.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yep, Unipair stocks a similar model, a french oxford (not sure that's the correct term, but the line that would normally come down around the waist and end just before the heel goes all the way round to the back). What I'm suggesting is a traditional cap oxford. I've enquired at GF. I was hoping to go through Skoak as they've been so conducive to MTOs, particularly on price & service to Australia.

Basically you need 6 people confirmed to do a GMTO, that's about it. We'll make a payment link in our e-commerce section so all participants can pay the 50% deposit and the remaining 50% will be balanced before delivery (about 3 months delivery time for GMTOs).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads