1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. ascher07

ascher07 Senior member

Any of you guys in the US have to deal with customs on your orders? Thanks.

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

No. I asked about this so many times since I was worried about my shoes getting stuck. I've now made.. three transactions with Skoak. Zero issues. I was told there was damn near 0% chance.

Only thing I can say is don't get confused when it says your package is "Utlandet".. or something. It means "abroad" and is on its way to you through USPS.

3. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

A lot of our mail orders go to the US and when the parcel enters the US it is delivered by USPS. It is traceable through www.USPS.com up until delivery, this site will have the best up-to-date info.

The vast majority of our overseas orders seem not to be hit by customs, I do not know why to be honest.

Our carrier is Posten (public company owned 40% by the Danish state and 60% by the Swedish state). They have distribution partnerships with USPS, Royal Mail, etc so usually when you order from us your parcel will be delivered by the largest logistics company in that region. The parcel is tracked from door-to-door.

4. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

Couriers tend to declare the listed value on the packages on your behalf whilst state-owned/subsidised companies probably lack the dedicated manpower to sort through the massive amount of incoming packages and declare them one by one given that they're the main postal service. I suspect the latter randomly check/declare packages.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Amen to that.

6. Leaves

7. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Those first Carmina are awesome, really need shoes like that in my life.

8. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Bonafe chukkas are here!!!! And man, they are gorgeous. This was one of the most satisfying purchases I've made all year. I've been trying not to stare at them ever since they got here. Here's some pics so you guys can share in my enjoyment [​IMG].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also picked up some OTC Sozzi cotton socks in Pistachio. These things definitely don't disappoint. The guys at Skoak are gonna take all my moneys [​IMG].

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  9. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Thecool those are fantastic. How do they fit? The color is so rich and beautiful

10. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Thanks man! They're some of the best fitting shoes I currently own. Patrik told me the toe box is slightly narrower than Carmina's Forest last, but my feet seem to fit better in these than my lama boots. They both fit really well, but these seem a bit more accommodating to my feet.

11. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Thats awesome. My lama boots are a little looser in the shaft (har har har). I wore them today and the lacing was completely closed but since the leather is so soft it stretches a lot. I love the boots but I think they need an insole.

If they made a wholecut with that medallion and color that would be absolutely fantastic.

I also saw you got some socks. going out on a limb but gonna say best socks I have worn thus far.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  12. Leaves

Thanks for the feedback, I'm really glad you liked them!
    The 946 chiseled last fits very close to Carmina Forest, but it has a slightly snugger toe box (the Forest has a generous toe box IMO). I also find Bonafé to be extremely comfortable.
    We actually have a wholecut coming in September from Bonafé, but without the toe medallion. But MTOs are only 15% extra from Bonafé, sooooo... :) This is a complete list of the new models that we are stocking in September:
    • Enzo Bonafé Full Brogue on 363 round classic last, Antique Brown Calf, sizes UK 7-11.5
    • Enzo Bonafé Semi Brogue on 2102 soft chiseled last, Antique Burgundy Calf, sizes UK 7-11.5
    • Enzo Bonafé Wholecut on 946 chiseled last, Antique Brown Calf, natural sole edge, sizes UK 7-11.5
    • Enzo Bonafé Chukka on 946 chiseled last, Tobacco Suede, sizes UK 7-11.5
    We will also restock a split toe Norvegese derby shoe, but are doing some modifications to the last before we put it into production.

13. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

Grats, those chukkas are really amazing looking :)

14. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

When you lace up chukkas, are the eyelets supposed to be so far apart?

15. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

They're not laced up all the way in that pic. I just threw em on and took some pics.

16. dlm4114

dlm4114 Senior member

Any pics of those bad boys? Really great chukkas, and I dunno what it is about the Norvegese boots, but I really like them.

17. Leaves

Hi, sorry, no pictures, these are all unique for Skoaktiebolaget so I have to ask you to be patient until we have received them and produced our own pictures.

Still got stock in the Norvegese derby boot. :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  18. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Leaves: Do you take PayPal payments? Couldn't find on the website.

19. Leaves

Absolutely, we use PayPal for all online transactions.

20. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Great, I'll get back to you later this summer.