1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I've been drooling over the Enzo Bonafe brown wholecuts for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger on them today. Can anyone tell me how long it typically takes for orders to arrive to USA via standard shipping? I can't wait to check them out in person.

2. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

5-6 business days to east coast, usually 3-5 extra business days to south and west US. Thanks for your order and I hope you'll enjoy them!

3. vriche

vriche Senior member

+1. I thought that they were going to have a punched captoe as well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  4. europrep

europrep Senior member

I like it without the punched cap toe. Just kopped.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  5. vriche

vriche Senior member

It's still really nice, I was just expecting something else from how it was described.

6. europrep

europrep Senior member

I understand where you are coming from. It was helpful the website provides other brands and last the fit compares. Made my kop much easier and quicker since Rain fits me well.

7. Leaves

It was supposed to have a punched cap toe but there was some miscommunication between us and Bonafè so it turned out like this, but I really love this version.

8. vriche

vriche Senior member

No problem, Leaves!

9. rpetersson

rpetersson Member

10. rpetersson

rpetersson Member

What's difference between rain and forest.on picture it's looks similar except the chiseled toe on rain. Is the toebbox not as generous on rain. Same size on both?

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Forest is a bit less accommodating through the forefoot and instep, but has a more generous rounded toe box than the chiseled Rain. I take a 1/2 size up or else a wide fitting in Forest as compared with Rain. But they are close enough that some might take the same size.

12. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Defenitely roomier toebox in my experience. Same size for me.

13. vriche

vriche Senior member

I agree because I also use Carmina as a point of reference when it comes to sizing for other brands.

14. appoooh

appoooh Senior member

Quote:Not to take anything away from Roger's comment but my experience is almost the exact opposite: Forest while slightly narrower than Rain, is more generous in the forefoot with an instep that is more or less the same as Rain. I have three pairs of shoes on the Rain last and two of them felt uncomfortably tight for the first ten or so wears before settling down. My Forest lasted shoes in the same size (one pair of oxfords and a derby boot) both felt very comfortable from day one. You should also consider that Carmina's sizing is not 100% consistent so you may get a "large" or "small" pair. Everyone's feet are different so to a large degree this is a pointless exercise but I'd recommend crossing your fingers and getting same size in both Forest and Rain.

15. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

My first pair of UK 8.5 Forest had to be stretched twice in order to fit comfortably. And they just barely made it. In fariness, the most problematic area was the instep, but they also felt tight in the forefoot.

I'm agreed with appooh that e-fitting is ultimately of fairly limited value - and also that with Carmina (and most brands, really,) you will find some variation in sizing. The same size may work in both if you don't have a high instep coupled with wide-ish feet, as I do. I fill a UK 8.5 Rain completely but comfortably. What I would call a snug fit. Any last that gives any less in forefoot width or instep height just won't work for me in that size in a standard width. Now, if Rain UK 8.5 provided what might be described as a generous fit, then Forest might well work in the same size.

16. rpetersson

rpetersson Member

Thanks for the comparison of the rain versus forest. I have only experience of the forest last.

17. barky

barky Senior member

[​IMG]

Patrick or Alex, would you guys be kind enough to compare the fit of the DM to Bonafe's other lasts or those of other makes too? Thanks.

18. Leaves

Fits similar to Carmina Rain but the instep is not as high. It's actually the easiest last to fit of all Bonafè shoes this far. Very nice in all regards.

19. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Senior member Affiliate Vendor

To give you guys a quick overview as well as a comparison of our different lasts, here's a list of what I wear in each last:

Carmina
    Rain: UK 8
    Forest: UK 8
    Oscar: UK 8
    Robert: UK 8
    Simpson: UK 8.5
    Uetam: UK 8.5
    Detroit: UK 7.5
    Soller: UK 7.5
    Queens: UK 8

Enzo Bonafé
    946: UK 8
    363: UK 8
    363 MOD: UK 8
    804: UK 8
    2102b: UK 8

Edward Green
    202: UK 8 E
    82: UK 8 F
    184: UK 8 E
    888: UK 8 F
    606: UK 8 E

Gaziano & Girling
    TG73: UK 8 F
    MH71: UK 8 F
    DG70: UK 8 F
    GG06: UK 8 F

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  20. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Just curious, does G&G lasts in 8.5E fit you? I take the same size as you (UK8) in Carmina Rain, Forest, and Inca lasts, which all fit me really well, and find G&G MH71 and TG73 in size 8.5E to fit just as well.