• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I didn't already have two black wholecuts..,

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet - looks like we got 3 in. I'm really looking forward to this one

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves,

I now see the Shannon XIII in dark oak in your EG stock line - I hadn't seen it before but rather what looked like a black/gray version. Are there any photos of it available? Google turns up Shannons but not clear on what the XIII variant is like. Thank you.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw guys, if you haven't seen the EG thread Patrik has agreed to do a GMTO of the Alderley in edwardian I've touted earlier. The specs will be:

- Alderley on 202
- Edwardian
- Double leather soles
- Regular welt
- Natural colour sole edges :)drool:)

But best of all: all widths available and only a 25% deposit is required :slayer:

For reference, the boot will look something like this, albeit with natural colour sole edges:

Patrik has some support for the project already, so we only need to be a minimum of four before it's on :)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sweet - looks like we got 3 in. I'm really looking forward to this one

PayPal invoices will be sent our shortly, thanks gents!

Leaves,

I now see the Shannon XIII in dark oak in your EG stock line - I hadn't seen it before but rather what looked like a black/gray version. Are there any photos of it available? Google turns up Shannons but not clear on what the XIII variant is like. Thank you.

I was always on the fence about the Cloud/Lavagna Shannon, I just felt it was a bit out there. And after seing @gusvs's Shannon I in Dark Oak I made up my mind to do a different make-up. A Shannon in all Dark Oak is just so damn versatile and useful, and above all, very classy in it's conservatism. And we have Galway in Rosewood CC and the Alderley in Edwardian coming in this fall, so I felt that a Dark Oak Shannon would make up a nice "boot trinity". The pattern for Shannon VIII (sorry, spelling mistake on our website earlier) is this (our version will have blind eyelets):

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Kind of wish it had the eyelets but understand the desire for the more restrained look.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So when is the Shannon in Dark Oak expected - in the fall with the Alderley and Galway?

September 1

Very interesting. Kind of wish it had the eyelets but understand the desire for the more restrained look.

This will be the perfect dress boot, and then the Galway Field Boot very rugged and Alderley in between. It'll be grand. :)

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leaves is killing it with these stellar boot offerings and incredible service.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will there be a buildout on the website for those like the Rosewood Galways?

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Shannons sound nice. Dangerously nice.

barky

Reaction score
Looks nice! Might have to get that, what sizes are you ordering?

Looks good. So, any interest for this on dark grey suede? If you are keen, then we just need to find 1 more guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads