• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bonafe RTW are a screaming deal.  Bonafe MTO are a screaming deal and a half compared to most others.

+1

ive never handled bonafe but every model seems really nice. How many people have handled them and have pics of a few wears?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

ive never handled bonafe but every model seems really nice. How many people have handled them and have pics of a few wears?

I handled them. I had to return them because they did not fit so I do not have any pictures. They seem to be really well built and nice, the upper leather is nice. I am about to receive my first model soon.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

I just have the one pair of derby boots, but I couldn't be happier with them. If I were to compare them with my Galways, the quality of the calfskin uppers are a push, and I'd give the nod to EG by a slight margin on the pebble grain shaft. The EG is a bit softer / more supple. But then the Bonafe brings hand lasted / hand welted construction and Norvegese stitching to the table, not to mention a significant price advantage as well.

orig.jpg

This pic was after only a couple wearings, but they really don't look any different after several more:

orig.jpg

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just have the one pair of derby boots, but I couldn't be happier with them.  If I were to compare them with my Galways, the quality of the calfskin uppers are a push, and I'd give the nod to EG by a slight margin on the pebble grain shaft.  The EG is a bit softer / more supple.  But then the Bonafe brings hand lasted / hand welted construction and Norvegese stitching to the table, not to mention a significant price advantage as well.

orig.jpg

This pic was after only a couple wearings, but they really don't look any different after several more:

orig.jpg

I am a fan of Norwegian stitching as a few of my bontonis MTO have them. Bonafe looks like a great shoe. Their burgundy looks incredible. I would love to handle a pair in the future.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of Norwegian stitching as a few of my bontonis MTO have them. Bonafe looks like a great shoe. Their burgundy looks incredible. I would love to handle a pair in the future.

Agreed. I love their burgundy captoe, but it is too close to my Anthony Cleverley and the burgundy shades are pretty well represented in my rotation at present.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed.  I love their burgundy captoe, but it is too close to my Anthony Cleverley and the burgundy shades are pretty well represented in my rotation at present.

Your cleverly are pretty fantastic if I say so myself.

I'll keep my eyes on the bonafes. A captoe boot in burgundy would probably be up my alley

Hope your listening @leaves :)

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerP's boot in burgundy or a dark brown -- I think I'd be all over it.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your cleverly are pretty fantastic if I say so myself.

I'll keep my eyes on the bonafes. A captoe boot in burgundy would probably be up my alley

Hope your listening @leaves :)

Thanks Justin. I like both suggestions for future boots.

agbassano

Reaction score
^^^ Awesome! - "Chain" stitched Norvegese would be even more.... :slayer:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I was thinking a dark brown color and something close to Polo Suede for the shaft and a chained Norvegese. I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking of this exact make up so it gotta be good. :) Have not decided for the last though. Round, Chiselled or Soft Square?

Nullson

Reaction score
Anyone interested in joining a MTO for Carmina tanker boots in Navy shell cordovan on rain last?

Below are the pictures of the design I have in mind.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the EG thread:

Since the heather gorse is suddenly back on the table (at least for a few boots), I'm trying to drum up interest for the following Galway make up:

- A heather gorse/suede combo
- Shearling lining
- Veldtschoen construction (which is also to say: last 64)
- Ridgeway soles

For the suede combo I'm thinking mocha suede will be good, but I'm open to suggestions. Here's a photo of the heather gorse next to coffee, mocha and mink suede (left to right).

If interested, please let me know. I've sent out an email to all who showed interest a couple of month ago.

Cheers,
SKM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads