1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Rubinacci – Offi

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We would stock more if the demand was higher. But it's not. We still carry about 20 styles in UK 11. And add to that the possibility to join GMTOs, Patina Service styles and stock pulls from John Lobb. You have to remember that we are a small brick and mortar shop, we're not a huge online business like Mr Porter or Herring. It's not possible for us to keep huge stock levels.

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/uk-11

1 person likes this.
  2. Leaves

We have a braided loafer incoming later this spring.

3. Beav

Beav Senior member

4. vzx83

vzx83 Member

5. joiji

joiji Senior member

Anyone care to comment on CS suede quality?

6. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

Thanks! Order placed

7. Leaves

Feel free to email any suggestions to sales@skoaktiebolaget.se, any feedback is welcome.

8. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior member

Guys that already ordered the 316 Lasted Calway boot.

Compared to Carmina's Simpson last which size did you go with? I'm between going 8,5 or 8...

9. ino68

ino68 Senior member

I have some Simpson chukkas in UK7.5, and found while the width of the toe area is juuuust a pinch too narrow, and the instep too high (for my very low volume foot...all my shoes fully lace closed), the calway in UK 7 is slight wider, and with a slightly lower instep.

10. insy

insy Senior member

Maybe I am being wrong but isn't Simpson Carminas last with the lowest instep, followed by Forest/Robert?

11. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior member

I'm wondering the same thing. If they don't, which last that skoaktiebolaget holds do you recommend us to pick?

12. KC79

KC79 Member

I have a high instep and my 316 calways in my regular brannock size are fine in that regard. There's nothing narrow about 316 though. I probably could have gone down half a size. No experience with CS beyond 316 though.

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Looks like someone did the split toe derby on the 316, I feel like its the perfect last for a suede split toe so forgive me but I am trying this again haha.

GMTO Idea
    Split Toe Derby
    316 last (or 234 if that is what the majority wants, I like the shape just wish it didn't have the chiseled toe)
    Mink suede
    Dainite soles
    Flat welt
    Hidden eyelets
    Brown edge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of the CS split toe on 316, I think this would get a close look to the EG 202 last, plus many of us can advise on sizing now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    2 people like this.
  14. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

I would be in for this makeup, in either the 234 or 316 last (slight preference for the chisel of the 234). The mink suede is probably the safest in terms of versatility, but that Choko suede sure does look pretty appealing.

15. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

234 is a great last so I'm open to that. My monk is on the 234 so that's the main reason I'm leaning to the 316 to add some diversity.

I'm actually thinking snuff suede in a pair if Carlos Santos is open to doing them unlined (single leather or topy rubber if possible, light edge), I think that would be a killer summer addition to a daily driver like the mink suede.

https://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/carlos-santos

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  16. tdes81

tdes81 Senior member

Speaking of split toe derbies, the invoice for these beauties showed up in my inbox this morning! Can't wait to see them in person/from some other angles.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Meyboom

Meyboom Well-Known Member

@Burzan Where did you find those pictures of the split toe derbies on the 316 last? They look really nice and the 316 last fits me better than the 234 last (will put my split toe derbies in havanna up for sale). Are you sure CS is able to do the split toe (reverse stitching) in suede?

18. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Just wanted to say that the service from these guys is exceptional. Really enjoying these too :D

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  19. Meyboom

Meyboom Well-Known Member

That's impressive, this russian calf looks great. Do you polish them after every wear? Are they on a modified last, because they seem to fit you really well (hardly any creasing)? Are they already comfortable to wear (in my experience SC require some time to break in because they are built like tanks, as someone else on this forum stated)?

20. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Thanks. Just wipe em off after each wear and give em a lick before putting them on. Standard last, and as I alluded to above, the team at Skoaktiebolaget know their stuff and advised me on the best way forward for me. I've worn them four times now, I have a healthy rotation, and have found them to be fine and instantly knew they would be perfect. :)